Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sunny Huntsville

Separately we were both awake, and when we discovered that, we got up. The blackout curtains in the hotel room did their job well because it seemed like the middle of the night, but it was 7:59. Chris took a shower while I exercised and ate breakfast and checked e-mail. Then I took a shower while he checked e-mail. After that, I checked out while he carried stuff down to the car. Finally we were on our way home. We talked much of the way, discussing what we heard from the cancer summit. He believed very little of it. When we got home, the sun was shining and I planned to lay out. Our neighbor had just felled a tree into our yard, and was cutting it up. So I did not uncover as much skin as I usually did. Then I drank some water, and went through the mail. I found two cards from Chris, and a nice card and picture from Linda. Then I started packing in the sewing room. I finished the fabric in the cabinets in the basement, then went through all the fabric in the cabinets in the garage. I had stacks and stacks of fabric to give away to someone who would come and get it. I e-mailed two people who hadn't yet had a chance to get some, hoping they come before we have to truck all the donation items away. Then I went through non-quilting fabric, and ribbons. I took a break to have supper. I ate the rest of the liver and a bowl of bean soup. I cleared some e-mail, then went back to sorting misc items. I asked Chris to move some heavy boxes for me. I played the next instalment of the cancer series. I sorted knits and wallpaper. I cleaned out the drawers in the sewing desk. I looked for my car title and a dongle with no luck. I pulled two pieces of silk from the silk box to take to Korea, and the rest to go in storage. I swept the floor and wiped shelves. I got quite dusty. When the video was over, I figured it was time to go to bed.
* another pic from the quilt show *

No comments: