Thursday, March 31, 2016

Sauna day

I stayed in bed late, even after my alarm went off and Chris went to work. But nature called and I answered. I checked e-mail and drank a quart of water. I checked my muffin cups of cacao butter. As I tried to remove the first one, it came free but was not intact. I put the whole tray in the fridge. I put water in the coffee maker to heat up. I found my bathing suit and put it on. I dressed and packed my sauna bag. Then Myra called to say she wasn't meeting me at the sauna. But the call went long and I did not get to the sauna until 9:50. I got a locker key from the attendant. I had trouble turning on the sauna so I had to ask for help. While it heated, I put my stuff in the locker and took a towel and two water bottles. I climbed to the top shelf. I moved around to get the perspiration going. I noted that metal plating had been put around the heating unit. The attendant said a man wanted to check the unit and I said ok, but apparently he decided to wait until after I left. Nearing an hour in, I heard voices so I leaned out to talk to Myra and Joelle. Then I sat in a little longer. I washed up and joined them outside for yoga. There were three ladies on mats by the pool. I had forgotten mine, but used one of the class mats. I did the poses slowly and modified and some poses not at all. Then, because the gym was near cherry trees, the leader had someone come take our photo doing poses by the pool. As class broke up, I followed Myra up the hill. We met someone we hadn't seen before and the lady was from Busan, but she preferred Chinhae because of the American community. So we talked to her for awhile. Then we continued on. I left her at her place and went up the hill. I took my daily picture of our place to mark the progress of the cherry blossoms. Chris was home having lunch. He indicated the mail, and there was an Easter card from MaryAnn. We talked and I ate seed crackers. I looked up cherry blossom post but there were none. After he went back to work, I put on an audio and made and ate breakfast. I tried to read e-mail, but the links wouldn't open. So I rebooted my laptop. While it did that, I cleaned a little in the kitchen and laundry room. I removed all the cacao butter from the muffin tray and put them back in the containers. The one that broke went back in the oven to, hopefully, glue back together. I took boxes out to the shed. I popped Puff-its so I could recycle the plastic. I re-attached the cover to the stroller and the one to the sleeve ironing board. I checked my newly rebooted computer and it was working better. I went through my healing techniques file to sort into subfolders so I could find certain topics quickly. But I did not finish. I stopped for supper. I meditated. Chris came home from the lighting ceremony. He told me he had called, but I never heard my phone ring. He told me that the tower was lit. I went outside to water the peas and flowers but could not see the tower because of the cherry blossom. He showed me the schedule of events for the evening and for next week. But it was only the stuff he was supposed to appear at. Some of it I was not invited to. Then he changed his clothes and we watched several episodes of CSI. He went to bed and I stayed up to post to my blog.
* pretty good for a person with a bad back *

No comments: