Sunday, May 1, 2016

Jinhae Dream Park

I had a rough night, unable to go back to sleep because of restless sensations in my legs. Yoga did not help, nor did drinking water, or tapping. I heard Chris' alarm go off, and later mine. He got up to get ready for church. I got up, oiled my hair and put laundry in the washer, but waited because Chris hadn't taken his shower. I read e-mail and swished. Chris turned on the washer before he went to church. I listened to an audio, checked my hat, and pinned a line to sew on the scarf fabric. I began to get worried that I would not get my shower before church because the washer went so long. Finally it quit. I showered, then emptied the dryer and filled it again. I put on my dark blue dress and was trying accessories when Chris came home. I chose a blue and gold necklace and gold earrings. He dropped me off at the chapel and went to work. I sat in church. Soon Jane sat with me. We sang praise songs (which I did not care for). We served ourselves communion at the back of the room. The sermon was given by a Revered Kim. He kept saying “God is good”. When he finished, it was after 11:30. Chris was waiting for me. He took me home to get my hat. I put on a pearl necklace and earrings. I packed my handbag with flats and safety pins. Chris took me to Duffy's parking lot. Most of the other ladies were there. Their hats were beautiful. We waited for the rest to arrive, which made us late. Nela and I rode with Anna. She had trouble following Susanne to the park. We went to the wrong entrance twice. When we got to the right place at the park, we disembarked. Kemora and Elisa took turns setting up shots and taking pics with an expensive camera on a tripod. We walked here and there, looking for just the right background. But we had to cut it short to get to the restaurant before the last seating at 1:30. Our car got there first and held our spot until the others showed up. I had planned to leave, but it was a really nice place and we were supposed to go back to the park afterward. It was quite an extensive buffet. I looked at all the offerings before I picked up a plate. Most were labeled in Korean, so I had to guess. There was Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Korean and American food as well as a bakery and an ice cream bar. I ate from the first four. I tried the crab legs which came with an odd pair of scissors. They were not seasoned in any way so fairly tasteless. A little butter and salt would have helped a lot. I gave Kemora the apron and she seemed to like it a lot. We were kicked out at 3. We paid for our meals and split the cost of Kemora's lunch. But instead of going back to the park, we went upstairs to the ballroom area. More pictures were taken there, and then they went inside the ballroom. It was all set up for the next event. But they walked up on the stage and got it dirty with their shoes. They told one of the attendants that they were seeing if it was suitable for the Navy ball, which wasn't completely untrue. THEN, we went back to the park. We took pics in a pile of rocks by the rose garden, which hadn't bloomed yet. We walked up to some arches covered with wisteria. Climbing stairs is easier before lunch than after. Poor Anna had to sit because her shoes had high heels and they hurt her feet. I was glad I brought flats. We went back down, but then they wanted to go up to a pavilion. More steps. I kept hearing 'this is the last shot', but it never was. Finally it was over at 5. But wait, Kemora said she would treat us all to smoothies at Quinterra's. So, we piled in our cars and went there. It was close enough to base that I just waved goodbye and headed home. I was done. I don't know how long they stayed, but I got all the way back to base and up the hill before anyone came back. I changed clothes and watered the flowers. I read e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. I listened to an audio. We watched three episodes of CSI. Chris went to bed, which he had stripped and washed and remade. I stayed up to blog all the events I could remember from the day. I looked through all the photos the ladies posted to Facebook. It was hard to pick just one photo to post.
* I got lots of scissors, but none like this *

No comments: