Thursday, July 28, 2016

An unexpectedly good day

I heard Chris’alarm ring at 3:30 am. He got up, got dressed and ate breakfast, I guess. I tried to go back to sleep. I heard him leave later, probably 4:30 when the taxi was supposed to arrive. He did not kiss me before he left I did go back to sleep and when I awoke, I was alone, but it did not seem strange at all. I did the kirtan kriya meditation before I got out of bed. I went outside to sit in the morning sun, but it was overcast. I drank my quart of water, then watered the plants. As I was finishing, it started to rain. I read e-mail. Akia had posted about a big outbreak of mold in her house. But no one had any suggestions for her. So I went to her page to messenger her some suggestions. But somehow it posted, because someone else responded to my post. Linda e-mailed me that she was having trouble finding the car dealership in Daegu on her GPS. So we met at my car and tried typing in the address. But my GPS did no better than hers. We got on my laptop to find it, but Google maps couldn’t do it either. After she left, I think I found it with Bing, but it was in Korean and the translation left something to be desired – like clarity. I made the dry parts of two breakfasts in case I needed to stay with Kelly’s kids overnight. I had to refill a bunch of the containers. I made a new mixture of flax and chia. I ground up more dandelion root and milk thistle seed. I quickly got dress and went to yoga. I called Myra on the way, but she said she wasn’t coming because she had been up all night with a sick child. Class was just starting. It was a workout as usual. Then Linda gave me a ride home. I had meant to go by the post office. I finished making the first breakfast and ate it. Then I took a shower and walked to the Foot Shop for my massage. But when I got there, the young man apologized and said he had forgotten to arrange a masseuse for me, and asked if I could come back at 5. But I had to say no because I had volunteered to watch Kelly’s kids. So I signed up for next week and he said it would be free. Then I walked to the next street over to the Chinese massage place. They take walk-ins. I got a massage there for half of the price, but then it took only half of the time. I had them use the Epsom salts I brought for the initial foot soak. It was nice, and I relaxed and concentrated on positive thoughts. I prayed that the situation with Kelly’s kids would be resolved. After the massage, I walked to Daiso and bought two pairs of scissors and two sets of paint brushes. Then I picked up two yards of black-out fabric and a zipper at the fabric place. Then I went to the won store for a plastic basket with handles. I got back to post in time to check the post office. But there was no mail for me. Scott and the firechief were there. Scott pretended to take notes on my whereabouts for Chris. Ha, ha. I met Nela in the lift. I talked to her as she went to sign up for a trip on Saturday. She insisted that I go into the commissary with her to cool off. It was a hot, humid day. My new basket was almost exactly like the commissary hand baskets, color and all. Nela told me Kelly was back on post with her little boy. I was happy not to be spending the night at her house. I walked home. I ate some chocolate balls dipped in coconut butter as I caught up on e-mail. But then Myra called. She asked if I was going to Kim’s party. I knew nothing about it and was surprised because I was sure Kim would want me there. Myra was going so I threw on some shoes and headed out. She met me at the top of the steps. I gave her the fabric from yesterday back. Then we walked to Adrian’s house for the party. The ladies had been eating for a while, I guessed. We talked and ate and looked at pics on phones and told stories. I got very sleepy and took my leave. Myra and Nela decided to come with me. I was walking oddly for being so sleepy. They walked me home even though it was out of their way. Then I laid on the couch ready to sleep. But then I remembered I had to text Linda about tomorrow. So I wrote that text. Then I got on my computer to write to my blog. I even deleted a few e-mails to catch up, and finished an interview and today’s puzzle.

No comments: