Sunday, July 3, 2016

Impromptu party

RLS hit in the middle of the night. I had already consumed water with magnesium and salt. And I had rubbed magnesium oil on my legs. So I tried holding the acupressure points, and then the leg rolling exercise. I concluded that they did not work. But I must have fallen asleep soon after, because the next thing I knew, I was waking up. Later I heard my alarm ring. I would have slept in but Chris kept me awake… Then he took a shower and got ready for church. I filled the water jugs right after his shower. He went to church and I settled in to read e-mail. But it was not to be. The cursor was doing its crazy thing, so I had to reboot. But before it went down, it insisted on loading 70 updates. During that, I put all the food waste through the blender and poured it on the garden (in the rain). By then the computer was shut down. When I booted it back up, it had to do updates again. I went outside to count the slugs. The total is up to 282, and that’s without fresh beer every night. Chris bought more yesterday. The laptop still wasn’t ready, so I took my shower and got dressed. Then I read some e-mail. It got late so I got ready to drive myself. But just then Chris came home. He drove me to the chapel. I sat in my usual place, just as the praise team finished up their pre-service music. Then the pastor started the service. It was the usual service. The sermon was about sibling rivalry from the book of Obediah. After the service, the pianist and I agreed to meet on Thursday to see her massage place. So Young complimented me on my new dress. Suzanne said she’d try to get the nut man here tomorrow. Chris came to pick me up. Nela had called during church. I was embarrassed not to have shut off my phone. So I called her back afterward. She invited us to her place for ribs to celebrate the fourth of July. I was glad to hear Myra was coming because I hadn’t seen her nor had she responded to any of my messages. We went home to change. I took some selfies so Nela could see my finished dress. The long jacket hid a multitude of flaws. I made seed crackers and cleaned the kitchen.
Then we went to the commissary to buy fruit to bring to the party. When we got back, I had something to do on my laptop. Then at three, we washed the fruit. Chris cut up the pineapple, and I sectioned the oranges. We also added grapes, cherries and blueberries. Chris covered the dish with plastic wrap. I put on my raincoat and walked down the trail to the woods. There was a pile of bamboo that had been cut down but never hauled off. I trimmed 5 or 6 of them to tomato stake height and brought them home. Then we took the fruit to Nela’s house. We met Myra and Scott, also going to Nela’s house. Sue and Mauricio were already there. The men talked in the livingroom while the women visited in the kitchen. When the food was ready, Nela called the men in to fill their plates. Then we got ours and sat down together to eat. The ribs were very good. There was also potato salad, rice, salad, kimchi, and japchai. Sue brought the last two. Later Nela put out the fruit and Myra’s pie. We all ate plenty and went back for more. Even when Sue and Mauricio had to leave, Nela made sure the rest of us stayed. In fact, we did not get home until nine. It was still raining. I had some of my chocolates and swallowed the evening portion of my supplements. Then we watched three episodes of Bones. I drank water with magnesium and salt. I posted to my blog and we went to bed.
* This is the finished dress *

No comments: