Friday, July 8, 2016

Progress on the peplum project

I slept well but woke early. I knew it wasn’t night anymore because I could tell the curtain was red, just barely. Eventually I went back to sleep until my alarm went off. Chris got up to take a shower. I got up to empty the dehumidifier. I checked e-mail briefly. I washed up and got dressed. I took the picture printed out last night and walked to Kathy’s house. I gave it to her for Elisha’s going away scrapbook. I then proceeded to the FFTC. I looked into the theatre and saw the OPS officer standing by the screen, so I figured it had started early. I sat in the back. But soon I realized this was a meeting for Security. I slunk down in my seat to wait for the end, which came soon. Then as those people left, others came in, including Myra. I sat with her. My phone rang. It was Chris out in the hallway, asking if I was coming. Then he saw me and hung up. I whispered to the OPS officer that the knitting club had been discontinued. He amended the schedule. Then he went through the schedule for the next 8 weeks with the group. Three other men spoke about scheduling issues, and the meeting was over. Myra and I approached Paul about a trip to the quilt festival in Tokyo. He said MWR couldn’t do it. So we were on our own. Myra had to stay so I left with Chris. He pointed out two movies he wanted to see. Neither was the kind I would go out of my way for. But Paul pointed to another one and said it was good. So I proposed that Chris see his movie and that we meet afterward to see the other movie. I went to the bank to deposit the check from the post office for my sewing machine. Then I walked back to Kathy’s place. She was there with Linda and Elisha. We had a nice visit. Kathy brought out the scrap book. Then Elisha had to leave to continue packing for their move. Linda made the photo I brought into a scrapbook page by framing it with fancy paper. Then I went home, noting that it was raining again, to eat seed crackers and mayo. Then I laid down because I did not feel well. Chris came home for lunch, bringing me two packages. One was a book on quilt bindings by Alex Anderson. It was a renewal bonus. Then I made and ate breakfast. It made me feel better. I readied the error package to get mailed back, keeping the maca since that was the one thing I had ordered. I watched a sewing video from a link and it ran into another video, which I watched only because I couldn’t figure out what language she was speaking nor what she was making. Then I put the box in my market bag and walked to the post office. The rain had ended. The clerk asked for a customs slip so I wrote one and the package was sent. I came home. I cleared e-mail and was ready to sew, when I realized the sun was shining. Such a rare thing deserved to be taken advantage of. I went outside to count the slugs. 220. I emptied the bowl. I looked for my clippers but could not find them anywhere. The rake, however, had been returned, so there were two of them. Ahhh! Next door people were painting and letting the fumes out through the open door. Ugh. I sat down on the bricks to pull the weeds growing in between. I kept the dandelion ones. I brought them in to wash. I combined them with lettuce and cucumber and a red pepper. I ate the salad while listening to an audio. I typed up notes for my blog. Nela called to say they were taking Elisha to supper. I have never known anyone to have so many going-away gatherings. I declined because I had plans with Chris. I finished my notes and reviewed parts of my Craftsy class on pattern alteration. I re-drew parts of my pattern. I tried to fit it all on the bit of fabric I had left, but the sleeves did not make the cut, as it were. I cut out the bodice front and back. Then I lost the peplum front. I still had the back part and wondered if they were essentially the same. I searched high and low, inside the fabric folds, between pattern pieces – anywhere it might be stuck. It was just gone. And then I found it: it had fallen behind the table but not all the way to the floor. I cut out the last two pieces. I basted in the darts. I draped the front over me and it seemed like the darts were too small. But if I made them bigger, the waistline would shrink. Did I miss something when I watched the class? Then it was time to go. I put on pants and walked to the theater to meet Chris. But his movie wasn’t over yet. I waited in the game room and chatted with one of the desk clerks. Jadyn came out of the movie which told me it was over. Finally I went looking for Chris. He was coming out of the bathroom. He had already paid for my ticket, so we just went in. The final credits were still running for Warcraft. And they just kept coming. Is there anyone who did not have a hand in making that movie? Finally it was over, and not long after, the screen lit up again. It was a preview for Suicide Squad. I closed my eyes through the whole thing. It was gruesome and long. Then we stood for the national anthem while the screen showed pictures of the US Navy. And then the movie: Now you see me (2). It was ok, but confusing on purpose. You never knew if you could believe what you saw on the screen. It ended after 11. Chaun and Deron gave us a ride home. Chris put the food waste out at the curb. He emptied the dehumidifier and went to bed. I looked up one of the characters from the movie. Then I finished my blog post and hit the hay.

No comments: