Saturday, July 9, 2016

Daddy Longlegs

I slept well but woke up too early. I got up and basted some seams on my top. Then I went back to bed.
I got up with Chris. I ate seed crackers and checked e-mail. I asked Chris to wear my bra so he could be my dress form. But he said it wouldn’t work because his chest wall is larger than mine. I watched parts of my craftsy class and adjusted the pattern and darts. The waist to bust dart was not enough, so I added side seam darts, which altered the neckline. Bigger waist darts altered the waist seam. Chris measured me and got lower numbers so I created another pattern piece in a lower size. Extra darts made too much fabric at the neck line. Anna came by to give me buckwheat for tea. Later, after Chris went to work, Linda came to drop off garden stuff she did not want. I went to her house to answer a sewing question she had. I came home and made and ate breakfast outside. When I go the darts about right, I sewed them in. I ate a banana, and looked up the ph of aloe vera and coconut milk to get ph of my shampoo. Then found the ph paper. The ph was 3.5 for my regular shampoo and 4 for the homemade shampoo. I guess I need some baking soda. I worked on the peplum top some more, then took a break to go outside because it was such a nice day. I moved the lettuce bowls to the backyard, hoping that whatever was eating them wouldn’t find them back there. I counted thirteen more slugs today for a total of 233. I spread the front shoulders wider on the back shoulder seam and it took care of the extra fabric in the neck. I was ready to do the zipper so I watched Youtube videos about zippers to see if there was a better way than the one I knew. But apparently not. I worked on the zipper, finishing up about the time Chris came home from watching a movie. I investigated cutting a bigger neckline while Chris ate supper. Then we streamed a Fred Astaire movie called Daddy Longlegs. There were lots of tiny-waisted girls in pretty dresses. Then I worked the weekend puzzle. I put out beer for the slugs. Chris made coffee and got online to game with the voices. I decided to blog and go to bed.
* I did not take any pics today so I googled 'random picture' and came up with this. *

No comments: