Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sewing at the chapel

I slept through the night, thankfully. Chris got up early to go to PT. I got up when he got back. He took a shower and I brought the water pitchers to fill when he got out. I sat down to drink water and read e-mail. I lost track of the time. Myra called at 9:45. I ate some seed crackers and did today’s puzzle while listening to a audio. Then I got dressed and made breakfast. I knew I was going to be late, but I just needed to eat. I collected my stuff and walked to the chapel. It wasn’t raining, just overcast and wet. No one was there. I set up the room and was threading the machine when Danielle arrived. Soon other ladies came, too, some with their kids. I worked on binding while others did their projects. Myra came in, left and came back. She played with the kids so their moms could sew. Chaun and Kelly came by to discuss nuts with Suzanne. Chris came by with the mail: no packages but I got a check for my damaged sewing machine! Soon it was 1pm. We packed up a little. Myra and I needed to go to the market for zippers. Suzanne offered to drop us off on her way to help Anna get her brakes checked. But somehow the plan changed to lunch. I had just eaten breakfast so I wasn’t hungry. And I did not want to pay for something I did not want. The meal portions were large, so a few ladies gave me a few bites of their food. There was a lot of talking and then I steered the conversation towards the market. We left then. Myra and I were dropped off at the market. We wandered through, and found our way to the fabric place. We each bought zippers and fabric. Mine was black-out fabric. Then we walked back to base. At the gate we met Hae Wa. Myra took her to their place for a cold drink. Scott was there with the large box they sent from the states. Among the many things inside was the fish quilt! It was very well done. We were all impressed. Hae Wa had to leave for the Korean class. I went home. I took advantage of the lack of rain to tie up the tomato plants to the bamboo that I cut. Then I mowed the lawn here and next door. I was hot and sweaty. I checked e-mail and ate a cucumber. I read condolence responses on Quora. Then I washed off the sweat. I was late, so I drove to the chapel even though I hadn’t much to carry. I had to park at the FFTC because Myra was parked at the chapel. I realized I had forgotten my fanny pack, so I had no camera or phone. We had a big turn-out. Kelly brought her girls to sew. Elizabeth brought Jadyn who decided to make a pillowcase. Nela worked on her blocks and Anna worked on QOV blocks. Hae Wa started an apron. I worked on binding when not answering a question or giving advice. I returned Myra's jewelry. It seemed like a long night. We ended at 8:30 but it took a while to pack up and clean up all the paper cuttings by the younger children. When I got home, Chris was using my laptop to watch Marco Polo on TV. We watched one episode of Bones and he went to bed. Then I laid on the couch, trying to muster up the energy to post to my blog so I could go to bed.
* One of the moms posted this pic on Facebook so I downloaded it. *

No comments: