Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Relaxing afternoon

I got up around 8, after doing some mental programming. I went out back to experience the morning sun. But there wasn’t much because of a large dark cloud. I sat there long enough to drink a quart of water, and then came in. I read e-mail and listened to interviews from the Alzheimer and Dementia summit.. Jim Kwik said that mental fog can be the result of too much social media – it wears out the brain. That sounded about right to me. Myra called to say that she did not go to Busan today because she expected to take Kelly’s kids for part of the day. Chaun spent the night with them. We decided to cancel the evening sewing class. I sent out the announcement that the sewing class was canceled but QOV was still on. I made and ate breakfast. I took the fish quilt and walked to the chapel. No one was there. I pulled a sewing machine and tub of supplies out of the closet. I sat and hand stitched the binding. Chantal came with her baby. We visited and she showed me the fabric she bought for some future projects. After she left, I had to fix some problems I found on the quilt binding. Finally I got back to hand sewing again. I went past our normal 1pm cut off, but was packed up and out by 1:30. I called Myra thinking she was with the kids. But she wasn’t yet, and told me to come over. So I went to her place. She gave me a banana pear cookie and a glass of water. Then we sat and talked and sewed. She finished up some bean bags for Sunday. She gave me fabric to make capes to go on the shirts I embroidered. She said I could sit with the kids tomorrow night. Viral pneumonia is suspected so they can’t stay with anyone who has kids. I came home and ate something. Then I put on some more interviews and cut out capes. I laboriously put hems in the silky material. As I listened, I heard great things about lemon juice, coconut oil, and kirtan krive meditation as prevention of or treatment for dementia. Chris came home from work, ate supper, did a load of laundry and went back to work. I finished the capes and ironed them. I sewed one on. I called Chris to ask him to check the make sure the chapel did not leave their doors open for the sewing group. He was already on his way home so was here shortly after. I helped him fold laundry and watched him pack. It was 10pm by the time he got to bed. I stayed up to blog and then joined him.
* I made four of these today *

No comments: