Friday, July 29, 2016

Long day in Daegu

I got up early to do the kirtan mriya meditation with a Youtube video, but I got distracted and read e-mail instead. Then I did the meditation. But time got short. I watered the plants, and finished making the second breakfast from yesterday. I also packed the last of the seed crackers in my market bag. I clipped a piece of fabric from what I bought in Busan to buy a matching zipper. At 8:30, I walked to Linda’s house and she was waiting in the car. We went to the ATM and Mrs. Chung joined us. Linda had her phone plugged into her car to use as a GPS. It gave out voice directions in a slightly British accent. But we had trouble deciphering “Proceed to the route” when we were following it. We got lost several times and called the dealership in Daegu often. But Linda had planned well and we got there at 10:58, with two minutes to spare. Linda (through Mrs. Chung) explained that she wanted two tires put on and an alignment. Then we asked how to get to the fabric market. After some discussion, we decided to take a taxi. It took just under 30 minutes and cost about $13. We were dropped off at a different place then ever before so we saw some new shops, including lace, buttons, feathers and bling. We did some shopping there. We shopped our way to the fabric building. We went to the basement to have lunch because Linda was getting a headache. I went to the restroom and saw that it was located in an area where people were sewing clothing and curtains and such. Good to know. After lunch we went up to the third floor to eyeball all the fabrics. We stopped at the $2/yard place and I loaded up. We shopped down that aisle and later I found a nice sparkly piece for an insert to the dress I intend to make. The Honda place called to say the car was done early because they could not do the alignment due to the trailer hitch. It did not make sense to us. We kind of hurried up, but had a hard time pulling ourselves from the market. I bought a zipper and thread and more blackout fabric (at $1 a yard…) We stopped in the alley for Linda to buy some boots, Then we found our way to the street and hailed a taxi. As he drove, I watched the fare go up, even when we were stopped at a light. But when it got to $15, he turned it off, probably because he was lost. But we were in the right area and he stopped to ask directions and soon we were at the Honda place. Linda paid for the mounting of the tires. They assured her the alignment could wait 6 months, and explained that the trailer hitch kept the car from fitting on their machine. Then we headed home. Linda had a headache, something that happens to her a lot. Traffic was bad because everybody was heading out of town for vacation. It took us over two and a half hours to get back, and a whole lot more in tolls than we paid on the trip up. Yes, the route was different (can’t question the GPS), but still. Perhaps there was a weekend or vacation rate in force? We dropped Mrs. Chung at her place, then came back to base. She parked at her house and I took my bags and walked home. It was probably about 8. I dropped everything on the floor and hit the fridge. While I ate, I finished yesterday’s puzzle. I did Oprah’s meditation. I played an interview from the Alzheimers and Dementia summit while working today’s puzzle. I refilled my supplement containers and made more spice mix. I was surprised to see that it was almost 11. So I sat down to write to my blog, looking forward to going to bed and hoping I did not forget anything.
* A yarn store *

No comments: