Thursday, July 21, 2016

Practice wasn't perfect

I slept well last night, not waking at all until morning. Sadly I had stayed up late looking at evening dresses online. I heard Chris go running and come back by 7:30. I got up to sit on the front step, experiencing the morning sunlight. I watered the plants really well. I went to the back to water the lettuce. The tulle over it was full of pine straw from the gutter cleaning yesterday. I shook it out and replaced it, putting stones around the edges to keep the moths out. When I came in, I looked up free sheet music for “When the Saints go Marching In” for the piano. Most arrangements were ridiculously easy, and one was really complicated. I printed out an easy one, then realized it was in the wrong key. I found it in another key, but still not the right one. I hoped the pianist could transpose. I printed and taped segments of the trombone piece together to make four different verses. It took longer than it was worth. I quickly deleted a bunch of e-mail, about 60. I dressed for yoga and took my mat to the gym. Joelle and I talked for a while, but no one else came. So I had a private yoga session. She was in a mood to do inversions so we did headstands. Myra stopped by to say she would walk with me to the massage place because she had an appointment right after mine. I walked home to make and eat breakfast. I did a little e-mail and took a shower. I walked down to Myra’s place and she came out. We walked into town, and parted in front of the foot shop. I relaxed while soaking my feet. Then I got a massage, the most relaxing one to date. Myra was there soaking in the foot tub when I got out. I got dressed and walked home. I had a bite to eat and cleared some e-mail, then practiced my trombone part. I packed it up and drove to the chapel. Mrs. Kim was not there yet. I assembled the trombone and put the music on a stand. She arrived soon. We played through the piece and some of the verses just did not work. I don’t know if the chord structure was changed or what. A lady came in and started listening. I think she is the choir director. She said I was too low for the piano. At first I did not understand, but then it came to me that she meant it was flat. So I tuned the trombone to the piano. That did sound better, but what I copied for the second verse and part of the 4th verse was still odd. As we continued to practice together, people were arriving for the financial peace seminar. I was uncomfortable with people listening. Elizabeth and her family came in. She told me she used to play French horn, but she did not have it with her. Then we decided to practice again early Sunday morning. I packed up and drove home, determined to write a new part for verses 2 and 4. Chris came in right behind me. He cooked the sausages that Anna gave me. I ate two and left two for him, but he said he did not like liver. I read and cleared e-mail and listened to some audios. Then we watched the last episode of Castle on the DVD and the pilot episode of Lois and Clark. I used the time to roll out trigger points on my thighs with a water bottle. After the show, Chris looked up some of the actresses for me. Then he went to bed. I blogged and meditated to be sure I could sleep.

No comments: