Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Doing the little things

I got up before 8 to sit outside and swish. I watered the plants and trimmed some of them. I swept the rugs in front of and behind the front door, plus the front porch. I blended up the food waste to put on the vegetable beds. I also blended up the egg shells. The indoor rugs had dried, so I put them back in place. I also bagged up the recyclables for tomorrow. I turned on the fan and opened the window to get some fresh air for a change. I printed out the music that I downloaded. I listened to an interview which droned on and on off topic. I looked up the songs for Sunday to tell the chaplain. I got dressed for yoga. Kurt called me on skype from Shartlesville. He and Faye and Dad were in a motel room. So I talked to them for a while, willing to be a little late to yoga. When I got to the gym, they were waiting on me since there were only two people in class. We had a good stretch, and a light workout. Then I walked back with Myra and picked up the fish quilt. I went to Chaun’s place and bought another movie. Then I walked home. I made and ate breakfast. I did today’s puzzle. I read part of an e-book called the End of Alzheimer’s. So far its basic conclusion is that most cases are caused by a disease of the body which gets missed in the diagnosis: infection, metabolic disorder, deficiency, toxicity, etc. I trimmed the fish quilt and cut strips for binding. I handled an Amazon replacement order, finally settling for a refund. I e-mailed back and forth to the chaplain getting songs and lyrics for Sunday. I printed the music I ordered and played through it on trombone. Most of it was feasible with a little tweaking. I swept the back porch. I marked the best portions of the music, played them on the keyboard to get the timing right, then played through again on trombone. I was just starting to listen to the rest of the off topic interview (it was just getting on topic) when Chris came home. He told me the impatiens were wilting. So I went out there and watered them and the plants around them. When I came in, Chris had changed his clothes. He fixed his supper. I took out the side seams on my peplum top and drew in new ones, then sewed on the lines. I also drew new armscye lines and made plans to move the back shoulder seam up in relation to the front shoulder seam. Then Chris was ready, so we sat down to watch 2 episodes of Castle. He went to bed. I stayed up (as usual) to write to my blog. I might do a little meditation since that seems to help me sleep.

No comments: