Sunday, July 10, 2016

How to carry grocery bags

I woke up before Chris finished gaming. I had to stretch my legs to get the restlessness out. When I got back in bed, I held the forearm meridian points for a while and went back to sleep. We slept through my alarm. Chris’ alarm went off at 8 and he got ready and went to church. I got up to research handles for carrying heavy grocery bags. I saw a selection on Amazon, but they seemed kind of expensive. Different designs had different drawbacks. I quit at 9:45 to take my shower. I used my homemade shampoo but it smelled funny today. After getting dressed, I got back online to search for ways to make carrying handles. Carabiners looked like the most promising thing. Chris arrived to take me to church. I threw on my shoes and we went. I sat in my usual pew. So Young told me she hadn’t used the shampoo I gave her yet and I told her it might be bad by now. We had the usual service. During sharing the peace, Suzanne gave me a bag of coffee grounds. I noticed a new man in church who looks like my massage guy. It hoped it wasn’t because my massage guy has seen me almost naked. How do you socialize with someone who has seen such a thing? I stayed late talking to Kathy. Then Chris showed up. We went to the commissary. I thought Nela would be there but apparently she was at lunch. I was going to ask her if the commissary told anything for carrying heavy grocery bags. We bought food and took it home. I made a new batch of spice mix. I made and ate breakfast. I blended up the food waste and poured it on the garden. I poured out my homemade shampoo bottle. I got a frozen shampoo pellet and put it in the bottle to melt in the fridge. Yesterday I had read an article about how fermented foods and leftover foods contain lots of histamine, which leads to itching among other things. Reading the list of foods to avoid, I was struck by the infeasibility of it. So I looked up essential oils with antihistamine properties. Someone recommended a combination of lemon, peppermint and lavender. I did not have lemon, but I mixed some peppermint and lavender oil with coconut oil. I had a spoonful of that. Then I ate the pulp from some lemons that had been squeezed. I felt pretty good on that. No itching at that moment. I watched sewing videos. I re-cut the neckline after investigating necklines I already own. I tried re-cutting the armholes but it seemed like they were just too big already. So I sewed side seams to get a better feel for how the armholes will have to be cut so the edges meet. I needed a break and it was getting late. I picked up worm castings in the back yard and distributed them to certain plants. I mowed our lawn and next door until Chris declared supper ready. He picked our first cucumber. I finished the most visible parts of the lawns and went in. I ate two chicken legs, asparagus, rice and salad. I checked e-mail until Chris was ready. We watched three episodes of Bones. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog but got hooked looking at bag carrying options. I found an idea for a home made one, and ended up seeing how to fuse plastic bags together to make placemats. Cool!

No comments: