Friday, July 22, 2016

Super embroidery

I slept in late because I was up so late. I swore I wouldn’t, but I did it again, looking at evening dresses. When I got up, I had circles under my eyes. Chris went to work. I got dressed and watered the flowers. Then I walked to the FFTC for Community Roundup. I sat beside Myra. We heard a lot of schedule changes in the next 8 weeks, but what I remembered best was that for Labor Day, Monday will be the official holiday and THEN there will be TWO training holidays. That means the post office will be closed Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues and Wed. Five days with no mail in or out. Gaaah! After the meeting, I told the man from Housing that I did not want my house sprayed again for centipedes because the spray will get on my vegetables. He seemed to understand and intended to comply. In the hallway was a table with free books that MWR was getting rid of. Myra and I picked a few each. Then I walked her home, and went home myself. I made breakfast and skyped with Kurt, Faye and Dad. Faye showed me the quilt that Donna gave her. Dad’s grandmother made it, but there is no label to attest to that fact. Then I went over to Myra’s place. She said she had to make bean bags for the Superhero event coming up next weekend. She gave me five shirts to embroider on for the kids who had no costumes. I brought them home, along with her sketch of the logo. I scanned it into the laptop and imported it to my software. I played around with fonts for quite some time, then decided just to go with a simple outline. The first shirt came out ok, but something went wrong on the second one. I stopped after 2 letters and took them out. I rebooted the machine and added more stabilizer. Then the second one went well, but on the third one, I grabbed the wrong marker. It was a regular marker, not a fabric marker. So I washed it in the sink and hung it up to dry. I embroidered two other shirts. I called Myra to tell her about it. Then I took a nap on the couch. I had a hard time waking up, but then I went outside and mowed our lawn, then the lawn next door, and then the public areas in front. Finally the mower battery ran down so I quit. I plugged it in to recharge. By then Chris was home (it was after 7). I got some string to tie up the squash which was growing out of the vegetable bed. I came in to read e-mail. I did one of Oprah’s meditations. Then I played my trombone music on the keyboard with the chords and realized that they did not go together. I got out my trombone. I cued up a site that played the tune so I could play with it, but that did not work well. Then I fiddled around with my keyboard, locating the tune which happened to be built in. Once I figured out how to get it to play, I was able to play it at a slow speed, and get it right, then increase the tempo. Verse three sounded so much better. Then I went on to verse 4 and finally nailed that, too. Sadly it would only play one verse and then stop. Maybe tomorrow I can figure out how to record me playing several verses in a row. Chris made himself supper and ate it. He sliced up the pineapple and I ate some of that. Then I jotted notes for my blog for later. We watched two episodes of Bones. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog, not look at evening dresses online.

No comments: