Friday, July 1, 2016

To sew or to go?

I woke slowly. Chris kissed me when he got up but I went back to sleep. He kissed me again when he finished breakfast. I went back to sleep. He kissed me again when he left for work. I stopped myself from going back to sleep even though I was tired from waking up in the middle of the night and having to do yoga stretches to get back to sleep. Tapping helped me get out of bed. I looked out, hoping for a sunny day but it was overcast. I turned on my laptop and got some water. I swished for 20 minutes while listening to an audio and working on today’s puzzle. I swept the floor in preparation to do my exercises. I exercised to a video, not needing to see the pics. Then I cleaned up the dirty dishes in the sink. I made more chia and flax mix. I made and ate breakfast. I watched another video which was rather long, so I paused it to watch shorter ones as I came across them in my e-mail. Shi-Uk sent me the songs for Sunday. I listened to the two that were new and did some tapping for wishing we could sing hymns instead of unfamiliar praise songs. I looked up tapping sequences for restless leg syndrome. I made up supplements for the next nine days. Nela came to pick up her machine. We had a little chat. She hoped I would go to the concert. We saw someone from Housing carrying what might have been new carpeting into the place next door. I finished the supplements and made up an order for more, but the 20% off offer expired before I submitted it, so I saved it for later. I am sure they will have a 4th of July offer. I took my dress apart at the shoulders while watching tapping videos. I called Chris about today’s mail. He said the post office was closed for the next four days. Grrr. He said he was going to the concert and would call if they needed more people to attend. I saw some unhelpful videos on RLS. I worked on red dress: I got both shoulder seams machine-sewn and then handsewn to cover the seam. Then I discovered I had sewn the right side to the wrong side so I had to take it all out and start over. About 6:11 I gave up. I called Chris to see if they needed more people to attend the concert. But he did not answer. As it was raining and had been all day, I did not want to walk down to the gym. I went outside to re-route the water coming out of the downspout. I had a bite to eat. I played songs on Youtube and sang to them. I did some tapping. I went back to the dress. I understitched as much of the arm holes as I could. I sewed the side seams. I was pressing everything when Chris came home. He told me lots of people asked where I was. He made popcorn while I finished up. Then we watched four episodes of Bones. None of the dresses impressed me. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* Chris said this dress was very attractive on me, but it doesn't seem so in this picture. *

No comments: