Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A new friend

I did not sleep well last night and got up early after being awake for some time. Chris was already up. I drank my lemon water and looked at e-mail. I made a batch of seed crackers. While they were baking, I made breakfast. After eating, I auditioned some more fabrics for the quilt binding. I could not decide, so I called Myra. I told her that what looked good with the front did not look good with the back. She said it didn't matter, just slap something on there. We talked for some time. Then I cut strips from a red print and sewed them together. I made binding and sewed it on to the top of the quilt. I called Myra back to say I was going to eat some strawberries, then get dressed to go to the bank. She wanted 20 minutes to get ready. So I called Dynee and Terri but neither one answerd. So I got ready and walked down to her parking lot eating an apple. She came out and we headed down hill. But then we met Charlene. She wanted to come along. So we waited for her. Then we headed out. When we were almost at the corner market, Myra got a phone call and raced back to post, waving us on. Apparently she had forgotten a previous commitment. So Charlene and I walked on. After stopping at the bank, I showed her the massage place, then we went to the traditional market. She got broccoli and green onions. I bought socks and apples. The lady wanted to seel me the whole box but it was too heavy to carry so I bargained for half the box. Tammy was there at the time, but she didn't want any apples. I showed Charlene the won store as well. Then we walked back to base. We passed Myra with kids in her car. I am not sure what was going on. I took my apples home and put them in the fridge. I read e-mail and almost fell asleep. Then I stood up to get my blood moving again. I decided to add more quilting to the blocks in the quilt. Then I started handsewing the binding. Ms. Chong asked to finish it but I wanted to get it started. Then I put it aside for class tomorrow. I also cut more butterflies for the applique class. Chris came home and made himself supper. In the process, he turned on the wrong burner and scorched my cookie sheet. I scrubbed it in the sink and left it to soak. I had a bowl of bean soup and then pulled out some cheater panels to make a cat quilt. I cut out one panel. It was kind of small. So I auditioned borders, then cut some yellow strips. Chris was ready so we watched the last two episodes of The Librarians on the DVD. Chris went to bed. I followed for a time, then got up to write to my blog so I could get some sleep.
* The unfinished binding *

No comments: