Thursday, March 30, 2017

More blossoms, more people

I got up before 7. I prepared a quart of water with lemon, salt, Biosil, and vitamin C. I drank that while reading e-mail. I put on a video and listened while I did some yoga stretches. I made a smoothie with cucumber and red bell peppers. I caught up on my Sudoku puzzles.
I called Myra to see if she wanted to go to the sauna, but she didn't. Neither did Terri. So I packed my sauna bag and went alone. As I stood in the sauna, watching the temperature rise, and exercising to get the sweat started, I wondered why it was so difficult when I could sweat in a instant with a hot flash. Sadly, no hot flashes in the sauna. I put on my mp3 headphones and wrapped a towel around my head to keep them cool. The music was not loud enough to drown out the blaring radio station in the gym. I drank two water bottles of filtered water and vitamin C. And I sweated it out.
After the hour was up, I washed off a little, then got dressed and went home to take a real shower. Chris was just leaving the house. He came back in and asked me to sign the tax forms so he could mail them. Then I took a shower. When I finished and toweled off, I looked in the mirror and saw that my face was green. I felt fine, but wondered what could make my face green. The green faded after a bit. I got dressed and made breakfast.
Then I walked out in town. The streets were well populated with vendors and tourists wielding selfie sticks. The opening ceremony isn't until tomorrow!
I went to the massage place, arriving a little early. As I sat relaxing in the hot foot bath, Terri texted me asking if I had gone to the bank yet. I invited her to join me afterward, but she was going out later with her husband. After a nice massage, I walked to the back of the market to buy lettuce plants. I got two different kinds, but she did not have the darker kind I most wanted. Then I walked back, using a different route. I did not go to the bank because I was saving it as a reason to walk when I had no other reason to walk. Also, I wondered if it was selfish to get money from the ATM's when so many tourists probably needed cash for the vendors.
I went back to post and walked uphill to my house. The cherry blossoms were more evident than yesterday. They will be in full bloom by Saturday and our open base event is not until a week from Saturday. I finished the video I started earlier. I looked up a list of things red eyes could be a symptom of. I have been noticing it for a few months now, but not remembering to look it up. I hope it is just lack of sleep. I jotted a few notes for my blog.
I read an article about training your brain to go to sleep on command. It recommended setting a 20 minute timer and lying down for a nap. The importance of getting up after 20 minutes whether or not sleep came was emphasized. So I laid down and listened to a 21 minute Youtube hypnosis session. I got up as soon as I realized it was over. I am not sure if I slept or not. Then I practiced my trombone, playing 4 verses of On Eagle's Wings.
I was reading e-mail when Chris came home from work. We talked about the upcoming activities for Cherry Blossom festival this weekend. Then he went to change his clothes. I planted the lettuce in trays and a basket. A black cat sat and watched me, but would not come near.
I came in and washed my hands. I put a bowl of bean soup in the toaster oven. I set the timer for 20 minutes, then worked on adding the second sleeve to my Easter dress. When the timer rang, I came out to get it. I added fermented soy beans, sunflower seeds and powdered fiber. Dynee texted, asking if I had Epsom salts. I did and she came over to get it. She said my front yard smelled like cat pee. I promised to not to pee in the front yard any more. Ha. I went back to eating my soup and reading e-mail. I transcribed all the Daily Mantra e-mails for 2017 into one file. I sent a note to my tapping buddies.
Chris sat with me and we watched two episodes of Once Upon a Time: the season ender and episode 1 of season 2. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog and listen to another sleep hypnosis audio on Youtube.
* Here is the basket I made for next week's project. *

No comments: