Sunday, March 12, 2017

Quilt in a day

Chris got up early. I didn't even realize he was out of bed until I heard him coughing from far away. The daylight was weak so I stayed in bed awhile. When I got up it was almost 7:30. I prepared lemon water. I drank that while listening to the episode of the Thyroid Secret that I missed. All the interviews are available over the weekend. I am hoping that the Tapping summit will do the same thing since I missed one interview despite listening every day. Chris took his shower, and got dressed for church. I pulled fabrics from my stash to find sets of three that coordinated to make a 6-hour quilt. I took a shower, got dressed and went back to looking. Chris came home from church. I put on my shoes and he dropped me off at the chapel. I sat in my usual pew. Two Korean ladies then sat next to me. They must have been new. We sang songs, shook hands, had communion. I talked to Susan about going to the sauna tomorrow. Then we had the Bible reading and the sermon. It was about the first three plagues. The chaplain said he wondered about the Pharoah's magicians conjuring up more frogs. Why did they do that instead of getting rid of frogs? And how did they know their frogs from God's frogs? In my mind a voice said they licked them. But I did not say that out loud. He also said the plague of gnats might have been up to a year after the plague of frogs. But I figured it was all the dead frogs that brought the gnats. Anyway, after church I called Chris and he came to pick me up. We went home so I could change out of my dress. I had heard some stitches break in church. Then we went to the commissary. We got food and talked to Kim the manager. She even checked us out and her husband and the district manager bagged our food. That was because the commissary was so busy today. We finally remembered to bring bags from home so we could reuse them. Then we carried the food to the car and I drove us home. After putting the food away, we walked out into town to Michele's bank. We got as much of her cash out as the ATM would allow. We brought it home. I went back to matching fabrics. I decided on three and to use them on both sides. I cut the 6 ½ in strips needed from all three. Then I pieced together leftover strips of batting to make matching 6 ½ inch strips. I started in the center with a sandwiched batting strip and from there just sewed and flipped until it had sides, then tops, then sides again, then another row at the top. Chris made chicken legs and roasted a purple cabbage in the oven for supper. I had told him I wanted to eat only cooked food this week to see if it was easier to digest. That zucchini last night did not go down well. So after we ate, I auditioned fabrics for a binding. Finally I selected one and cut strips. Then we watched an episode of Merlin. Chris went back to his computer. I answered a few e-mails and went back to working on the binding before going to bed.

No comments: