Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Walking around the bloomin' city

Last night I read a book for awhile, hoping it would make me sleepy, but it did not. I blamed the lighting – too much blue light.
In the morning, I heard Chris get up and take his shower. I stayed in bed after he left, and was surprised to see that it was only 7am when I got up. My hair seemed really dry so I put a very small amount of jojoba oil in my hands, rubbed them together and ran them through my hair. I was thinking I needed more, but I combed my hair first, and discovered it was too much. I hardly see how I could have used less. I guess there is a very fine point between dry and oily hair. I went into the kitchen to make my quart of water. I re-assembled the juicer to get the parts out of the way. I put lemon, Biosil, salt, and Vit C in the water. I drank it while reading e-mail. I took a break to put the food waste out at the curb. Then I settled in for a morning of articles and videos. One interview talked about how detoxing while having a root canal present is like showering in dirty water while someone keeps handing you towels. Unless you turn the dirty water off, you never get really clean. The interviewee told the story of having a tumor that kept growing, no matter what treatment he tried. After a year, he had his root canals removed and replaced his fillings with something more compatible. The tumor disappeared in 7 weeks.
After drinking the water, I juiced half of a large purple cabbage. I rinsed off the juicer parts and sipped the juice. After that, I made and ate breakfast. I carried my laptop with me as I compiled a stack of fabrics to match my Easter dress. But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a blue bag would be a better match for items in my wardrobe. I pulled out a few blue fabrics, too. But for some reason, the purple won. I auditioned several combinations and took pics of the best ones. I cut a square from each of three purple fabrics. I also cut three squares of a light purple wavy stripe (for the lining.)
I made a bag with the purple fabrics. I wanted it to keep it's shape so I interfaced the center part of the lining. That turned out to be a mistake. It made it awfully hard to turn right sides out. And it kept the center part from collapsing inward so that the two outer points would connect. It just didn't hang right. I also wanted it to be reversible, so I zigzagged the open seam on the first side instead of sewing it RST. But that was difficult and I could not sew all the way into the corner. I did the other side by hand and finished the first side by hand.
During the process, Chris came home for lunch. He brought me a package from Swansons. It had lots of vitamin C in it.
I pinned a yellow strip to serve as a makeshift strap and photographed it. I texted Terri to see if she wanted to go walking. When I didn't hear from her, I called Myra who said she could be ready in 10 – 15 minutes. So I got ready and walked down to her parking lot. I waited a bit, then walked to her door. I knocked but there was no answer. As I was waiting, Terri came by with her dog Lulu. Then Myra came out, so we all went walking toward the front gate. We stopped at the ATM. Dynee was texting me about batting so I called her and we had a short chat. Then Myra got cash from the ATM. Terri turned right and went another way, so Myra and I walked out alone.
We went to the bank as usual. I had trouble with the ATM. Usually you can count on computers to be consistent. But this one wasn't. I kept trying until it gave me what I wanted, following the same procedure each time. Then I rejoined Myra outside.
We walked to the Dr. Juice, but discovered it did not open until Thursday. We wandered around, looking at pansies, tulips and cherry blossoms. We walked up and down unfamiliar streets. We looked for the pier/wharf/whatever, but all access to the ocean was blocked by the ROK base.
We walked back to our base. We went to the FFTC. We met a man looking for a drink and we thought he was in the wrong place. I believe he was a merchant marine. After all our walking, we decided it was ok to take the elevator, but it was out of order. We walked up the steps to the second floor and out to the commissary. Myra shopped for a few things while I waited for Ms. Oh to get my plastic bowl back. It was the one Chris used to deliver brownies on Sunday. I bought coconut water. On the way back, we parted at the trail since she did not want to use the steps.
I went to my house. I got out the last coconut water to drink and put the two new ones in the cupboard. I put the remaining several grams of vitamin C in the water. I cut a piece of purple fabric to made a tube around the strap. Myra called to tell me that we had walked 4.89 miles in town.
Chris came home from work just as I finished the strap and took a new photograph. We talked for awhile and he told me the merchant marines made more than he did. I told him to forget the admiral and go work for them. He said then I wouldn't see him for months. I had to bite my lip in response.
So then he made himself supper and I heated a bowl of bean soup. I read e-mail and looked at fabric baskets online. One reminded me of a basket I had made long ago. So I drew out what I had done before and added a strap to it. I wrote directions to go with it. The directions needed testing, but I did not feel like making one just then. But the very next basket tutorial I saw but pretty simple, too.
I posted the pic of the shoulder bag to the Facebook community page. I read more e-mail. Then Chris sat with me and we watched two episodes of Once Upon a Time. He was going to bed and wanted company. So I went for awhile, then came back to write to my blog. I left the bluer lights off so I tried reading again to see if it would make me sleepy.

No comments: