Thursday, March 9, 2017

Unexpected news

I was cold all night as I slept. I could have covered more, but it helped avoid the hot flashes. Once daylight crept in, covering up was ok.
Chris left early again. I got up at 8 to drink water and read e-mail. E-mail had gotten out of hand lately. I put hydrogen peroxide on Chris' toothbrush. He had been coughing and going to bed early so I wanted to disinfect his toothbrush.
I wanted to exercise, but I could only hear the audio on my laptop if I was right next to it, even though the sound was turned up. So when the first one ended, I called the second one up on the desktop computer. Both were from the thyroid summit. While it played, I got a packing box and stuffed two of the minki blankets in it. The box bowed outward. Then I did my exercises. I paused the audio while I went into the kitchen to start breakfast. When the fridge stopped humming, I started the audio again. When breakfast was ready, I sat in front of the desktop to listen to the audio. But at one point it stopped playing. So I moved to my laptop. I brought up the audio and tried to forward it to the point where the other one left off. It did not have a slider so I had to use the right arrow key. The increments were so small that I didn't get very far and then it stopped working as well. I put on a different audio and let that one go.
When that third one finished, I took a shower and got dressed. I grabbed a small container of Epsom salts and the bag containing the quilt. I walked out into the sunshine. As I went down the hill, I saw several cars in Myra's parking lot. When I got off post, I saw bus 305 at the bus stop. But I did not have time to get there, partly because the sidewalk was missing. I headed for the main street, hoping to catch another bus. I called Myra to see what was up. Anna and Suzanne were sewing at her house. At the first bus stop on the main street, it looked like the next bus was at least 10 minutes away. So I headed to the next one, only to be passed by bus 315 on the way. The next stop also showed no bus coming immediately. At the third bus stop I was out of time. There was a taxi waiting so I jumped in and tried to indicate that I wanted to go to Home Plus and turn left. He sensed my urgency and took off. We turned left at Home Plus and proceeded down the street. I did not know the word for 'acupuncturist' but I did know the word for 'here'. He let me out and I paid him. He left and I went into the office. The secretary smiled at me. I asked to speak to the doctor. I waited until she ushered me into his office. He seemed pleased to see me. I pulled out the quilt and he said it was 'more beautiful'. He handed me an envelop. He asked me to lay down and he checked my pulse. But he could not get a good reading because I had been rushing to get there by 1. He said he knew some other people who liked my quilts and he asked for my phone number. I wrote it down. I also put down my Pinterest site so he could see more pictures of my work. But I told him this was unofficial and hush hush. He said he understood. I asked if my symptoms could be caused by thyroid issues. He said the treatment was the same whether they were from thyroid or menopause. In three years they would clear up if from menopause. Then he recommended a blood test. But I would have to have an allopathic doctor order such tests. I thanked him and left. As I walked down the street, I passed a place selling seedlings. I looked through their packets and found one of pea seeds, which I bought. Further down and on a side street, someone was selling pea seedlings. Sigh. I walked to the bus stop, but the bus was not imminent. So I kept walking. In fact, I just walked all the way to the traditional market. I found a seat in a small park. I read from the Linus Pauling book. An older lady was there with her granddaughter. She smiled at me and then brought the little girl over to give me a piece of pumpkin candy. I smiled and thanked her. I think she wanted me to eat it right away. I pretended not to understand since I am sure it had sugar in it. They went back to playing. After they left, I put the book down and walked to the massage place. The young man came out of the back room looking healthier than I have seen him in a month. So I ordered the combination of foot and back massage. He got a bucket lined with a plastic bag and filled it with hot water and the Epsom salts I brought. I used the restroom, then changed into the massage outfit he laid out. I sat back to soak my feet as I called up some classical music on my phone. He left the store for a few minutes, then returned. He brought me a cup of hot water. I drank it. Then he dried my feet and started the massage. I wondered what was in the massage cream. But I enjoyed it, all except for a spot in front of my left heel. I made a mental note to look it up later. After the foot massage, he showed me to a small room with a bed/table. I laid face down and waited for him to come back. Some other people had come in, but I guess the lady was going to help them. Anyway, he came in and put a blanket over me. Then he massaged my neck, shoulders, arms, upper and lower back. Mostly it was good, but some spots were not up to the pressure. Then he said something and left. I changed back into my own clothes and put on my coat. Having already paid, I thanked him and left. I walked back to the base, stopping at the corner market for sprouts, fermented soy beans, a huge carrot and a plate of strawberries. I walked onto the base and up to our house. I had already listened to one tapping audio, so I did the second one. I decided to save the meditation for later. I worked all the non-Sudoku puzzles at the end of my Sudoku book. I heated a bowl of bean soup and added some bone broth. It was sooo good. Around 8 Chris came home. He had to drive to Busan to see the Admiral, who told him that his tour would not be extended. It came as quite a blow knowing how hard Chris works and how conscientious he is. Chris said he was being put on Priority Placement. We discussed the ramifications of that. Chris made a burrito and salad for supper. Then we watched an episode of Merlin. Chris looked up one of the one-time characters for me. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to blog and listen to the tapping meditation which was for getting a restful night's sleep.
* This is the apron Chong finished yesterday. *

No comments: