Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pincushions and thumbtacks


Chris got up at 5 to work out. Later I think I heard him rustle in the closet for a suit and shirt. Then I heard him leave. I figured it was 8 and time to put out the recyclables. I made myself get up. It was only 7:45. I put on my coat and hurried the bags to the curb. I had hoped no one would see me, but someone was walking their child to school. I waved and ran my fingers through my hair and ducked back inside.
I drank lime water while reading e-mail. I found a few e-mails to unsubscribe from. I listened to an audio while exercising. Then I made and ate breakfast while listening to the first tapping audio at 10. I came across a e-mail from a lady who can't make sewing class today because it is a Korean holiday so her kids are home. I remembered Myra saying someone else isn't coming either and Dynee said she is doing something else. I made a note to bring a project for me to work on in case no one comes.
I listened to part of the second audio of the tapping summit. I had to pause it to get ready for sewing. I got dressed and packed two projects for me to work on. Chris came home for lunch and said he needed bread. I hurriedly put the ingredients in the bread machine and turned it on. I picked up my bags, put on my shoes, and walked to the chapel.
Lacee was just ahead of me, and Suzanne just behind. Ms. Hair came, and Mari dropped by. Myra had made a pin cushion too, but it was larger and flatter. I plugged in my glue gun to heat up while Mari chose the fabric and made gathering stitches. Ms. Hair made one like Myra's and Suzanne made one like mine. She and Mari left early. Evelyn made an apron with Myra's help.
I made a baby block as a sample for class next week. There was no stuffing left in our class supplies, so I walked to the Nex and bought a $3 pillow. I also checked for thumb tacks and none were there. When I got back to class, I opened the pillow to stuff the block.
Those who were left talked about going out in town. So we packed up by three and headed to Chong's car. She drove us to the market and dropped us off. Four of us went to the junk store where I found thumbtacks and heart-shaped ice cube trays. Myra and I showed Lacee and Katelyn where the fabric store was. As we walked through the market, I picked up kiwis. On the way back, we stopped at another store where I picked up pomegranates. Then we came to the corner market. I got sprouts, two kinds of lettuce, brussels sprouts, and a head of broccoli. We walked back to the base, and proceeded to the chapel where we had left things we did not want to carry into the market. From there we all headed in the same direction, peeling off to go to our individual homes. When I got home, I dropped everything and went to the bathroom. Then I put the food in the fridge, except for the broccoli. I sliced a bit off the stem end and put it in a cup of water. I tapped for all my reservations about free-motion quilting. I used the thumb tacks to secure the silicon mat to my homemade extension table.
I heated a bowl of bean soup. I ate it while looking at free-motion quilting videos. I finished the second tapping audio. Chris came home from Ash Wednesday service. He had eaten with the Protestants. I made myself a salad and we sat together to watch two episodes of Merlin. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to do a Sudoku puzzle and post to my blog.
* This is Chong's pincushion. *

No comments: