Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Another day at the market

After I finished writing my overdue blog post, I tried finishing the quilt binding by machine. But from the top or from the bottom, it just did not do a good job. I also auditioned threads for the quilting and narrowed it down. I sat for a moment to read e-mail. Then I called Myra. She was finishing up a quilt and wanted me to see it. I wanted her to walk to the bank with me. So I ate a chicken leg, then walked to her place. We talked as she finished trimming her quilt (we are trying to make 7 baby quilts by the shower next week.) Then she gave me back the fabrics I lent her. She did not use any of them. Then we walked out to the bank. I had a hard time getting the machine to work. The touch screen buttons were almost unresponsive. The first machine kept kicking the card out after a few screens. So I tried another ATM. It was frustrating as well, but did not kick the card out, so I was able to get the money. Then we walked to the market. I checked out a store near Office Depot that sells essential oils, but it was closed. Then we found a store selling sewn items and some fabric. I bought two pieces and Myra bought one. We went to the fabric shop where I found fusible stabilizer. We looked at the pre-quilteds, but they were more expensive than I liked for charity quilts. We went looking for styrofoam Easter eggs for a project, but did not find them. We also went to Daiso. Along the way I got sesame seeds to replace the ones I spilled. And strawberries. And bell peppers. And kimchi. We headed back to base. We passed a place where Myra likes to buy heads of lettuce. I got a pineapple. Myra helped me carry stuff. When we got on base, she gave me my bags back and she went to the commissary while I went home. I put the food away and left the kimchi out to ferment. I ate my last tomato from 2016. It just ripened this week. I read e-mail for a bit, then I heard the dog next door. I went outside and saw Chris talking to Dynee and Ryan. They had just bought big bags of dirt marked fertilizer. Chris opened the bag to make sure it did not need diluting. Then we went back to our place. Chris talked to me as he changed his clothes. He did pick up the visas. He doesn't think he'll get a job through PPP. His return rights will kick in 30 days after his two year tour is up and that means being sent back to the army as a GS14, probably in Texas since the job in Huntsville went away. He made himself supper. I ate some fruit. I auditioned shamrock fabrics for a billfold. Then I made the item, and posted it to the community Facebook page as the project for tomorrow. Then Chris sat with me to watch an episode of Merlin. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to take supplements, read e-mail and post to my blog. Finally my headache is gone.
* The last tiny 2016 tomato to ripen. *

No comments: