Saturday, March 11, 2017

Looking for an Easter project

.
Chris got up early after clearing his throat loudly and often. He sounded like he should have stayed in bed. I got up later thinking it was 8, but it was more like 7:30. I put vitamin C in my water and gargled as a preventative measure. I swished with coconut oil for 20 minutes, and then drank the water and read e-mail. Chris took a shower and got dressed, so I did, too. We walked out to the bank using the path I took yesterday. Chris thought it was the long way, but I liked that the street crossings had lights. He used Michele's bank card to withdraw the daily ATM limit of cash. Then we came back Chris' way. It was faster but we had to really watch traffic when crossing. Instead of going straight home, we went to the parking lot of the Nex to see the stands set up there. It was protein powders, shirts, blankets, little trinket boxes, jewelry, etc. One place had a bracelet that would go with my Navy ball dress, but not a necklace or earrings. Then we walked home.
We rotated the mattress. We were going to flip it, but the underside was not the same as the top. I told Chris I needed some socks for cuffs. So he gave me all his old socks. Then he got the laundry started and went to work. I made some cuffs out of a dark blue knit. I sewed them to the arm lining in my green coat so the cold air won't travel up my arms.
I checked e-mail and looked at fabric baskets on Pinterest, hoping for a good, easy, cheap project for the sewing class. I hung up Chris' shirts when the white load was done and moved the colored load over, putting the sheets in the washer. I spent more time on Pinterest. I took breaks to drink coconut water with vitamin C. Chris came home from work long enough to make and eat his supper. Then he went to the theater to watch lego Batman, or something like that. I put away fabrics from my recent projects. I cut the scraps into small segments for making rugs. I took more vitamin C and read e-mail. I ate some strawberries and some cashews. I updated my Pinterest page. I listened to an audio on fibromyalgia. I listened to the songs for Sunday. I closed the windows and turned the heat back on. I sat down to clear more e-mail. I called Myra to talk about the next sewing project and to see if she wanted to come on Monday. She told me she was making quilts for all the pregnant women at the base-wide shower. While we were talking, Chris came back from the movie. After the call, I sat with Chris to watch two episodes of Merlin while I ate the rest of the zucchini. Then he went back to his computer. I looked at more baskets on Pinterest. I also looked for quick quilts for the upcoming base-wide baby shower. I decided to write to my blog so I could get some sleep and worry about making quick quilts later.
* Not a good pic, but it was a nice quilt in person at the Tokyo quilt show. *

No comments: