Thursday, March 23, 2017

Scoby comes to live at my house


I got up after 8 to start my day. I drank water and checked e-mail. I was making breakfast when I needed a piece of paper to write what I was running out of. I thought a scrap of Sudoku paper would do. I found myself woefully behind on Sudoku, so I did lots of puzzles. About 10:15 Kathy knocked on the door and handed me a large jar with a massive scoby in it. I sat down at my laptop to look up the tea recipe for feeding the scoby, but I got sidetracked. I made and ate breakfast. I finally did find a tea recipe. My sauce pot would not boil 3 quarts of water like the recipe said, so I boiled 6 cups, putting in all the sugar it asked for. I did not have black tea, so I put white and green tea bags in it. When it was boiled, I turned off the burner and added the rest of the water.
Dynee came over to get some elastic. We looked at the fabric choices for the cat panel. She told me what she liked best. Then she went home.
I walked to the massage place. I chose the fourth massage listed. I wasn't certain what it was. I put on the garments they gave me and played classical music on my phone. It turned out to be a whole body massage (though not the tummy). Over an hour later, I got dressed again. I thanked him and bid them goodbye. I walked to the bank to get the daily amount of cash. I had to wait in line because some of the machines were out of order. Even the machine I used, was kind of wonky. I chose English, but it gave me screens in Thai(?). Nevertheless, I had done it so many times that I knew which places to tap no matter what they were labeled. After getting the cash, I decided to take a new route home. At times I felt lost, but had no trouble getting to base. When I got through the gate, I called Myra to check in. She was sewing labels on quilts. The tea was cool, so I slid the scoby into it. I covered it with a paper towel and put it in the cupboard to ferment.
I cut and sewed borders on the cat panel, just as Dynee had laid them out. I took a pic and sent it to her by text. I cut a piece of the coordinating fabric and sandwiched the layers. I pinned and fused the top.
I left it on the ironing board while I heated up a bowl of bean soup. I ate as I read e-mail. I did two more Sudoku puzzles. I googled how to take a video. It seems Windows 10 has a built-in screen capture. So it could potentially record a skype call. It still wouldn't let me do a demo video. I contacted my tapping buddy on Messenger to call me on Skype so I could test it. Chris texted that he was on his way home, tipsy. He had been at the Victory party for the concluding exercise and had taken the firechief out for a beer. I closed my laptop and went back to get some quilting in before he got home. I got in two rounds before I heard the front door. He was in a very friendly mood and easy to talk to. I wished I had compiled a list of difficult subjects. But there was only one subject on his mind. So we ended up in bed. But then I heard Skype ring. I rushed to the living room to answer the call without video. She was sending video though, so I tried Win-G to record it, but it didn't work after all. Then I went back to bed, and my blog did not get posted.
* It's a huge scoby. I wonder if she gave me the mother. *

No comments: