Friday, March 3, 2017

The hard part is over

I woke up early and drank half my water. I was so tired that I went back to bed. I slept in and did not get up until 8:50. It was too late to get to Community Roundup by 9. So I called Myra to tell her I wasn't coming. Our call got cut off when she entered the elevator.
I checked e-mail and drank the rest of the water. I was listening to an audio on geopathic stress. Apparently if there is an intersection of stress lines where you sleep, it is bad for your health. I paused the audio and got dressed. I set up my tablet in my sewing room and clicked on Skype. I called my tapping buddy. We worked on her issues today. My phone rang but I did not answer it. We finished about 11:30. Chris had just come home for lunch. Myra had called, so I called her back. She was in the market with Lacee and Katelyn. She said I could hop the bus and join them, but they were already on their way down the hill. Forgetting that it was a good time to catch the bus, I elected to stay home. I finished the audio on geopathic stress. Then I started the Day 4 tapping audios. Chris went back to work. As I listened, I did yoga and swept the floor and folded fabric. I also tapped. I made and ate breakfast. I did Sudoku.
I peeled a pomegranate and listened to an audio. Then I bundled up and went for a walk. It was a sunny day, but not warm. I heard that looking at nature is good for your eyes. So I walked up the trail, stopping at the first exercise station to work my arms. Then I continued up and over. As I was walking across the mountain, I looked down and saw a large ravine where upper housing should have been. It confused me greatly because surely I would have heard it being destroyed. I am not the most observant person in the world, but how I could I have missed something like that? So instead of going around the long way, I went down the road by the ravine. A privacy fence had been erected so I couldn't see much. When I got home, it was still there so apparently all is well.
Then I decided the time had come to quilt. I finished putting pins in the quilt where I intended to sew. I took it to my sewing room. I put green thread in the machine. I reviewed my quilt design on paper, tracing it with my hands to get the feel of the motion. Having prepared as much as I could, I sat down to quilt. I was halfway done with the first row when I noticed skipped stitches. I was three-quarters done when I realized I hadn't changed the needle back to the special one for quilting. I switched out the needle, and no more skipped stitches. I quilted up one row, pulling the fabric toward me, and quilted back the next row, pushing the fabric forward. The quilt quickly became difficult to manage. But the design had plenty of resting places in it where I could readjust my hands and smooth the fabric. Two thirds of the way across, I turned the quilt around and worked from the other end. I had to review my quilting design from that side. When it was done (the center) I decided I needed a break before doing the borders. It actually looked ok from the back. The pattern was busy enough that the quilting hardly showed.
I sat down to another audio. I made a salad, adding a piece of the soaking broccoli head. As I ate the salad, I listened to another audio from the Age without Borders summit. One speaker talked about how to get all the info your descendants need in one place in case of death or incapacitation. I took a few notes on it while I did several Sudoku puzzles.
Chris came home from work and made himself supper. I ate two kiwis. When the last audio ended, he plugged my laptop into the TV and we watched an episode of Merlin. Then he went to bed, but I stayed up to write to my blog and to wait for another skype call.
* That is one healthy looking head of broccoli. *

No comments: