Friday, March 17, 2017

My muse has spoken

I got up around 8 I think. I drank my quart of water and got dressed. My hair was a fright and I tried to tame it. I checked for my tapping buddy on Skype. Due to the time change, she was on an hour early my time. I was ready early and so was she so we started at 8:45. We had a nice session with her acting as the practitioner. After the call, I texted Dynee in case she wanted to come over, but she was busy. So I got out fabrics, looking for something that would work for a baby boy. I looked at boy quilts online. I went back to the fabric and finally my muse spoke. I decided to do a 3-D quilt with train fabric for the big blocks. I chose a really dark gray for the shadows. I worked out the numbers on a sheet of paper so the quilt would not turn out too big for a standard backing. Then I did some cutting, and then started sewing. I ate some seed crackers during a break. I saw that Dynee had texted that she would be available after 2. It was already 1:30. Where did the time go? I saw Terri had texted me 4 times, going for a walk by herself when I had not responded. So I texted her back and we decided to walk to the bank. I went out to the curb to wait for her. Dynee drove by and offered us a ride into town. So we waited until she dropped off Carolyn. Then we climbed in the back seat behind Anna. Dynee dropped us off near the train station. Terri and I walked down the street to the bank. The ATM was much more cooperative today. But the lobby was too full to exchange the 10's for 50's. We walked back, discussing tapping, law of attraction, speaking good things into existence. We saw Danielle in Cafe 502 and stopped to say hello. Then we went back to base. On the way to my house, we passed the kindergarten class looking for treasure left by the leprechauns: gold chocolate dubloons and Ferraro Rochet. The teacher offered us some then remarked that I don't eat sugar. Terri was surprised at that. When we got to my house, I put some expensive honey on the cut on her hand. It had been over a week and was still looking ragged. I also gave her a chocolate to try, and a lip balm. She liked the chocolate but described it as not sweet. Then we went to her house. She got me a glass of water and a homemade peanut butter cup. It was the size of a cupcake. I nibbled at the peanut butter but the rest was still frozen. We had a nice chat, oft interrupted by remonstrances to her dogs as they barked or refused to sit or growled at each other. Then her husband came home. The dogs were so happy to see him. She introduced us and then I left because they were going out to eat. I walked home. I put the peanut butter cup on the countertop. I intended to have a bite once the chocolate softened. But no more than a bite since sugar was present. I went back to sewing pieces together. I was almost done when Chris came home. We talked a bit as he changed clothes. Then he made himself supper while I sewed a few last seams and laid the quilt top on the cutting table to audition border fabrics. I did not find one I liked. I made and ate breakfast, then checked e-mail. We watched two episodes of Merlin. Actually we did not finish the second episode because my new tapping buddy called early. Chris paused the video. He got on his laptop while I talked to her. At first she seemed to be saying that she forgot about the time change and could we reschedule? But then her daughter fell asleep and she asked what I wanted to work on so I told her about something that happened at Crestar. We discussed that and she wanted me to think of an earlier event that had a similar feel to it. Anyway, Chris finally went to bed. She and I went on talking for almost 2 hours. She showed me her Facebook site for her new business. We decided to trade sessions in the future. Then she had to go. I wrote to my blog and went to bed myself.
* We saw this beautiful flowering tree in town. *

No comments: