Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happy Stitchers

It was another low sleep night. I got up at 8:30. It was too late for recyclables. I heard the men cleaning the ditches. So I got dressed and dug up two buckets of dirt from the upper ditch. But then they only cleaned the lower one. I drank lemon water, and checked e-mail. I listened to an audio on marriage and relationships while I sewed yellow borders on a cheater cloth panel. I made and ate breakfast. I looked for fabric for the next border. Anna called to invite me to an early lunch. I declined because I was still full from breakfast. And besides, I had stuff to do. I took a shower, then went back to auditioning. I procrastinated by sweeping the floor with the dust mop. I ate an apple, and put vitamin C in a large container of coconut water to take to sewing class. I changed quilt ideas, and looked at pics online to find a way to use the new set of fabrics. I jotted notes for my blog.
I went to the chapel. Suzanne greeted me warmly. We went into the chapel classroom and started setting up. Other ladies arrived and helped. So Young made a oven towel and appliqued a butterfly on it. Ms. Chong worked on the quilt binding. Myra snipped her rag quilt. Sue made an apron. Lacee showed us the dress she made and made plans for another. Tammy made a backing for her quilt top. Anna worked on binding, too. Suzanne worked on a cushion cover. We chatted about keeping the group going after Myra and I leave. We packed up at three but did not finish until 3:30. I walked home with Lacee. I called Dynee to see if she wanted to walk to the bank. She did, so we headed downhill. We saw Myra going into her place so we asked her. Her husband was just driving up. He asked me to call my husband and give him the phone. So I did. Then he told Chris that I was hanging around, being a bad influence, etc. He walked away to talk in private for a few moments. When I got my phone back, the three of us went out to the bank. It took three ATMs, but I finally got the cash. We walked out to the tower and Dynee led us to the bagel place. On the way back, they found the place where the tea ceremony was held. Then we headed back to base. I was exhausted after all the walking and of course standing for three hours during sewing class. I nearly fell asleep on the couch. Chris came home from work. I made a batch of hummus. It turned out bland because I had to keep adding more chick peas to thicken it. I put it in a big jar and ate what didn't fit with leftover celery. I drank coconut water with vitamin C in it. I picked out something to watch since we finished Merlin. It was called Once Upon a Time. We watched three episodes. Chris looked at his laptop one last time and went to bed. I brushed my teeth and brought out my nightgown. I wrote up my blog post for the day. I saw that Kim invited all the ladies to have lunch on the 3rd deck tomorrow to talk about the BBQ on Sunday. I did not want to go. Then my newest tapping buddy called. We talked for two and a half hours. She asked me to send her pics of the cherry blossoms this year. It was past time to post to my blog, so I did and went to bed.
* Sue's apron *

No comments: