Sunday, March 5, 2017

Bound to be finished tomorrow

The lady who talked about geopathic stress two days ago suggested in her interview that putting aluminum foil under the bed would help determine if the bed was in a bad spot. So I put some under there and slept well. Coincidence?
I vaguely heard Chris get up. After he left for church, I got up. I saw that he left me his empty oatmeal container. I used it to replace the one I was using to store my daily allotment of nuts. I drank lime water and checked e-mail. I listened to the Day 5 tapping meditation. I took a shower and got dressed for church. I listened to the Day 6 interviews until Chris came home. I put on my shoes and coat and walked out to the car.
As we passed Dynee's house, her door was open. But we could see them pulling out of the parking lot, so Chris closed their door. Then they pulled up to the curb and cleaned the windshield and put up seats in the back. We exchanged a few words, then got in our car and Chris dropped me off at the chapel. The bell was already ringing.
I went inside and sat in my usual place. Ms. Pae was right next to me. The back pews on the right were full of marines here for the exercise. As we sang the opening praise songs, Dynee and her husband came and sat with me. The chaplain welcomed the marines and the people watching the service live on Facebook. We had a reading from Exodus and the sermon. After church, I went to the restroom. I found Chris in the snack room. We walked to the commissary to get his car. I drove us home where I changed my shoes and then we went back, just in time for it to open at noon. We selected food for the week and did not run into anyone we knew. Chris let me drive home. I remarked that our neighbors were not home yet, and Chris said she and Anna went on a trip with some of the other ladies. We took our food inside and put it away. Then Chris drove the car to work.
I sat with my quilt, listening to today's tapping audios and working on the binding. When I ran out of thread on the 4th side, I stopped. The ends of the binding needed to be joined before I could finish. It was a sunny day so I called Myra to see if she wanted to go walking. But she was busy taking care of her husband. She said Anna had stopped by with soup and invited her to go with them to the market. I wondered why they hadn't invited me. I opened all the windows and turned off the heat to air out the house. Then I went for a walk by myself. I took a book along. I stopped at the first exercise station to read. It was quite pleasant. But then my phone rang. It was Chris calling to get my license number, which was at home. I promised to call back. I read a little while longer, then walked home. I called from the house with the license in my hand and read him the number. Then I sat out back to read. It talked about the diseases that certain vitamin deficiencies caused. I decided to take some vitamin C. Then I sat on the overstuffed chair to read. But reading was much harder inside. Chris came home. He started cooking something on the stove. I read some more, then put the book down. We had a Netflix movie sitting around that I did not know about, so I put it in the player to watch. It was called Me Before You. Neither of us remember putting it in our queue. Chris sat down to watch it with me. It was pretty good. He made himself supper and I made a salad. He asked me to make banana cookies because the bananas were so very ripe. So I did, mixing the oatmeal, eggs and bananas with my hands. I had to ask Chris to add other things like cinnamon, sunflower seeds, pecans, etc. Then I formed cookies as best I could with all the stickiness. Chris looked to see if there was anything mindless with explosions to watch on Netflix. He wanted a day off from Merlin. I offered him a mindless activity but he wanted to watch TV. I washed my hands and put the cookies in the oven and set the timer. Chris pulled up Blacklist because our neighbor had recommended it. It was an interesting premise, but there was a gory scene in the first episode. When we watched a second episode, there was another gory scene. At the beginning of the third episode, someone was gunned down from all sides. I told Chris I didn't want to watch it any more. When that episode was over, Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* Here is a pic from the quilt show in Tokyo. *

No comments: