Saturday, March 4, 2017

Almost done

I woke up early because Chris got up, but he did not go workout. So I went back to sleep. Later he got up to read e-mail and play on his laptop. I forced myself to get up about 8:15, fearing it was much later. Michele had said she wanted to skype us at 8:30. It came and went. But then she called and Chris conferenced me in so we could each speak from our own laptop. She wanted to talk about looking for a house to buy when Marie leaves. We had a nice long chat about lots of things, including the large, stuffed dolphin on her head.
After the chat, I made and ate breakfast while listening to the two newest tapping audios. Then I went for a walk down the trail. This time I went the long way. Chris stayed home to do the taxes. I wrote a check, my last one. Yikes. I watched Day 3 of the Thyroid Secret while doing Sudoku puzzles. Chris roasted brussels sprouts in the oven. I had a few of those and also heated up a bowl of bean soup. I added some rice and broccoli. Then I read more e-mail. I looked at acupressure mats on Amazon. Some people swear by them and others swear at them. I listened to the songs for Sunday. I listened to a 30 hertz audio. I could not hear it from the laptop, only through headphones.
I pinned the quilt borders every three inches, all the way around. Then I quilted arcs between the pins. Then I trimmed up the edges. I cut 5 binding strips and sewed them together. Chris roasted the rest of the broccoli in the oven. I ate a few florets and he ate the stem pieces. Then I ironed the binding strip in half and cut off the corners. I sewed it all around the quilt. Then I pinned it around to the back. I sat on the couch with needle and thread and started finishing the binding. Chris came and sat with me to watch two episodes of Merlin. Then I listened to an audio on ageism while working on the binding. There was enough time to listen to an audio on conscious eldering. Then I put down my needle for the night. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Why did I worry so much about the quilting when it doesn't show? *

No comments: