Saturday, September 5, 2020

A productive afternoon

I woke up when the sprinklers hit the windows. I stayed in bed late not realizing how late it was. So about 8:45 my day got underway. It was the usual stuff. And I went outside to check for gopher mounds. I did not find any. The grass was wet but I watered the spots where it was yellow or needed to spread. I walked to the post office to ask what happens to mail sent to our street address. The man told me that he or his assistant will catch it and put it in our p.o. box. Our box was empty today. I made and ate breakfast. Then I made seed crackers. I put on my bathing suit and told Chris not to wash my clothes while I was out back. I laid outside for half an hour, reading. Then I came in to wash off and get dressed again.
I read an article and followed some links. I thought I posted one to Facebook, but later I noticed it wasn't there. There was an article about a depression coming because the Fed is printing money, and recommended silver and gold. I told Chris we should invest in silver. Chris went to the commissary for milk. I cut up the kimchi and put it in a glass jar. I parsed out two weeks worth of supplements: morning, afternoon, and evening.
When I realized it was after 5, I took a suppertime dose of supplements. I put the last piece of steak in the toaster oven. I made some salad out of leftover greens and sprouts. I ate some seed crackers with butter on them. And I ate a piece of the fruit that tastes a little like pineapple. After supper, I asked Chris to get out the mower. I finished mowing on the side of the house, and mowed across to the other side. I mowed maybe a quarter of that and the battery ran down. At my request, Chris brought the battery in and connected it to the charger. I took the bucket and tools over to a set of gopher mounds that appeared today. I scooped up the dirt, which was considerable. It must have been quite an effort to get all the dirt above ground. I sprinkled it in holes and low spots. I still had to probe for the original hole and I poured castor oil mix in it. Finished, I put the bucket and tools in its place on the front porch.
I made a magnesium drink and sat on the couch. I drank it faster than I planned. Chris joined me and we watched two episodes of The 4400. I think Netflix is going to take it down soon. Then I moved to my laptop to write up the events of the day.
* The fruit that tastes a little like pineapple. *

No comments: