Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The sound of sprinklers (silence)

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night because my stomach was swollen with the effort of trying to digest something. I wished I knew what. But eventually it subsided and I did sleep. At 6:30 I heard Reveille, and Chris taking a shower, but I did not get up until the alarm went off at 7:30. Then I started my day with supplements, brushing and swishing.
I usually go outside to water the grass but it was chilly out! I read e-mail and listened to an audio. When it warmed up a bit, I
opened a bunch of windows to let in fresh air. I turned on the ceiling fans, too. There are no windows in the master bedroom so I had to leave one of the back doors open. I figured that there was a small window of time between the cold of the morning and the heat of the afternoon, but it never did get that hot.
I put two stamps on the envelop with 4 masks and walked to the post office to mail it. When I got back, I started the breakfast process. By the time I finished breakfast, Chris came home for lunch. He brought me a new check book. Just before he went back to work, he told me he couldn't find a folder of receipts. So after he left, I looked around for it and didn't find it either.
I put on my bathing suit and read in the sun for half an hour. Then I changed back into regular clothes. I wrote up a blurb to post on the Dugway page for Saturday, but it needed a pic of masks. I had a manila envelope with about 20 in it. But it wasn't where I thought I saw it. I searched the house over and over, unwilling to accept that I couldn't find it. In the process, I found the shower filter head that we've been looking for since we got here. So I guess the moral of the story is that I'll find the masks when I am looking for something else.
It was almost 6 when Chris came home from work. He told me about a patch of mint he saw by one of the buildings. I ate supper while watching a video of Dr. John Gray. After we both ate supper, Chris and I walked over to get a few stalks of mint. Most of it was spearmint, but the smaller stalks tasted more like peppermint. Chris pulled 4 of them and we brought them home and put them in water. I was glad it was not guarded by a mint monster. Sometimes they demand your firstborn in return for the mint you picked. And I didn't know how I would break such news to Michele. :)
The sunlight was waning, but I got out the mower and did as much of the side yard as I could before dark. I watched the sprinklers come on across the street. Usually our sprinklers are next.
But when I settled down with Chris to watch TV, there was no sprinkler sound. I drank magnesium water during the two episodes. Still no sprinklers. I checked the grass in the front yard. It was dry. Sigh. I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.
* This is a snake we saw on our walk a few days ago. *

No comments: