Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Two kinds of rocks

I stayed in bed late after a restless night. The artillery did not practice in the dark, but I had trouble sleeping anyway. So I got a late start on the morning. I took the first supplements, then got dressed and went outside to water the plants. (I am not sure they got watered yesterday). I fired up the internet and read the documents at seventhchakrafilms.com.
The outdoors warmed up quickly. I opened some windows. I handled some gopher mounds that I could not see from inside the house.
At 11, I made and ate breakfast. Chris did not come home at noon, so I ate half of the last banana. He dropped by about 1 for a quick lunch. As per a suggestion by my friend MaryAnn, I put peppermint essential oil on a cottonball and put it in a gopher hole. I covered the hole lightly so the cottonball would not be smothered. My hand got peppermint oil on it and it was a little intense. When I discovered other gopher holes, I was much more careful not to touch the oil when picking up the cottonballs. When the mounds were gone and the holes were filled, I kept digging for rocks to put in the rock bed. Strangely, most rocks were either round, like a river rock, or pointed, like an arrowhead.
I cut out masks and sewed while playing informational videos. I stopped at the point where I needed to attach the elastic. I needed to measure the elastic on Chris' masks. Five o'clock came and went and Retreat was not played. Waiting for Chris, I ate a piece of fish and a handful of nuts. I picked dandelion and made a salad for supper. I put on headphones and listened to Holosync and fell asleep for a bit.
It was after 7 when I got up. I finished two of the masks, sanitized them, and sealed them in an envelop. Only then did I realized I had not photographed them. When Chris was ready, we watched part of West Side Story on VHS. But it wasn't a good rendition of it, so we stopped it and looked for something else. We decided on Zorro the Gay Blade, one of Chris' favorite movies. George Hamilton must have had a good time filming it.
When it was over, it was after 11. I wrote to my blog and got ready for bed.
* Chris says it's not an arrowhead. *

No comments: