Monday, September 7, 2020

Garlic, lots of garlic

We stayed in bed late. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. Afterward, I took a shower and got dressed. I trimmed my hair and gathered up the clippings. I put them in the bucket on the front porch. I checked e-mail until breakfast time. I ate breakfast while watching a video. Chris finished mowing the lawn. He said there was a gopher mound. So I went out to find it. I scooped up the dirt and used a knitting needle to find the hole. I filled it with the hair clippings and dirt.
Chris put 4 fists of garlic in the garlic baker. It's like a dutch oven for garlic. He also put some beef in the oven. I took books off of three shelves in the living room. He was able to move the book case from in front of the window to beside the window. Then I put the books back where they were. We also moved some things off of the dining room table. I emptied a box in the hallway and one in the guest room.
I heard Chris talking to Michele so I came out to listen. Then she and I talked for a long time, sending links back and forth. I unpacked some boxes in the garage, including pictures. I filled one empty box with paper. I stacked up the pictures and found two had broken glass.
Chris told me supper was ready. He cut the beef into slices. There was also red cabbage, squash with onions, baked garlic and quinoa. I added to that the fruit that tastes like pineapple, seed crackers and some frozen watermelon. As I ate, I watched an interview with a former death records clerk about data-capture issues on death certificates. It's not nearly as robust as one might think. Doctors are not allowed to list medications as contributing to death. Only a coroner can do that.
I was eating more than I should, so I took a long walk around the neighborhood. I checked to see if there are more 5 bedroom houses to be demolished on the other side, but I didn't see any.
When I got back, I helped Chris put away supper. Then we watched two episodes of The 4400. I got so sleepy that I just went to bed, thinking I could fall right asleep. But no, it took a long time and I woke up frequently.

No comments: