Saturday, September 19, 2020

Weekly trip

I ate more gelatin last night before bed. I am not sure I slept any better, but my skin certainly has improved. I stayed in bed late, hoping Chris would wake up and want to cuddle, but he kept sleeping. So eventually I got up by myself. I started the day in the usual ways. I cleaned up a gopher mound. I was out of hair, so I put a banana peel in the hole before I filled it.
I measured the broken glass in 4 picture frames in case JoAnn's has replacement glass. I listened to episode 10 of Alzheimers summit - all about the importance of sleep. Then I listened to part of Ben Greenfields podcast on vitamins and minerals and how they are absorbed.
I made and ate breakfast. We moved a desk from the garage to the diningroom. (I'm not sure there are many more moves left in that desk.) Chris sliced zucchini into two baking dishes and put them in the oven to crisp up. I put some slices in with my fermented cabbage, and we still have plenty left.
We went to the commissary for anything they had that was on our list. Chris got a roast, and some other stuff. They did not have ammonia or wax beans. We took the food home and put it away. Chris put ice packs in the cooler and I put filtered water in a water bottle. We got in his car and went to Tooele. First we stopped at Luckey's. We got a few things, but no ammonia or wax beans. Then we went to the farm stand. The tomatoes were soft and the peaches were hard, but I got some of each anyway. The lady told me that next week is their last week. Then I went into Melanie's for a beet drink and some coconut milk. I was hoping for unflavored gelatin, but they didn't have it. I walked next door to JoAnn's, hoping for replacement glass, but no luck. I got back in the car and we went to Macey's. Still no ammonia or wax beans. ???? On the way out of Toole, Chris pulled over at a parking lot taco stand. I sat in the car while he used his Spanish on the attendant. He finally came back with a piping hot sandwich.
By the time we got back to Dugway, it wasn't so hot. We put away all the other groceries and then Chris sat at his laptop to eat the chorizo sandwich. He gave me a bite. I picked some dandelion and made a salad. I also had half of an odd squash. We tried the zucchini chips. They were ok. I went for a walk, stopped at the post office (nothing in our box), then walked the long way back.
I read e-mail until 8. We watched two episodes of The Gamers. Again, it amused Chris more than me, but it was nice to see him so happy. Then I brushed my teeth, and typed up my blog post for the day. Soon I shall have a bit of gelatin and get ready for bed.
* Chris orders a chorizo sandwich in Spanish. *

No comments: