Saturday, September 5, 2020

Not the day I expected

I heard Chris' alarm ring at 6:30. There was no Reveille because Fridays are not a work day. Chris got up and had breakfast and started playing his game. I got up later and took a shower. I took the first supplements and packed the next ones. I filled the water bottle while Chris took his shower, but he had waited too long and we were late leaving.
We headed to the driver's license bureau where Chris had an appt at 8:20 and mine was at 8:40. We were late for his appt, but it didn't matter because we did not have all the documentation they wanted. The lady gave me a booklet which I read as we drove back to Dugway. I had to stop reading when we got to the winding part of the road because it made my stomach sick. So we played the book on CD.
When we got to Dugway, Chris stopped at the office to print out the applications which he thought he submitted online but they insisted had to be submitted on paper. Then we went home to search for proof of address in the form of envelopes mailed to us at the PO address and our rental agreement with our house address. I looked high and low for my social security card, but all I found was a SS statement from 2000. Then we went back to his office where he printed out a copy of my w-2 from 2007. We went back to the bureau with me reading from the booklet for the test. When we got there, they did Chris' paperwork first, then mine. It took awhile, maybe because the rental agreement had his name on it and not mine. Arrg! When the paperwork was finished, we were told to go to a computer in the testing area and enter a test number to take the test. There were 20 random questions and it was open book. You'd think that would make it easier, but not so. The questions I got were hard to find in the book. After answering them all, I got a score of 20 out of 25, which was just enough to pass. It allowed me to look at the answers I missed. All 5 were ones I thought differed from what was in the book. “Given situation A, you should do B and C. True or False?” The book said in situation A, you should do B and D. So I marked it False, but the expected answer was True. Because I had a passing score, I mentioned it to the lady, but did not make a big deal about it. She said our licenses would be mailed to us, and we left.
Chris drove us to Salt Lake City to visit the Asian market. We finished CD 10 and discovered that CD 11 was missing. But by then we knew who did it. In the market, I enjoyed walking around and seeing things I hadn't seen in a long time, or have never seen before. We bought a few things from the grocery list and a few impulse buys. Outside the market was a shop selling kimchi. It was outrageously expensive at $7, but I was hungry so I got it and shared it with Chris on the drive back to Tooele.
We stopped at Home Depot to pick up pegboard, a hose and a sprinkler head. Then we went to Melanie's nutrition for cashews. And then we went home. It was after 5 so we each had something to eat. I ate some dried persimmons and the unknown yellow things from the market that had a big seed in each one and tasted a little like pineapple. I also ate frozen cranberries and watermelon. I read e-mail and watched a few videos. One was an interview with Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth. It is a non-profit organization of over 3000 architects and engineers who are calling for a new investigation into the destruction of the WTC twin towers and building 7.
Around 7:30 I went outside to deal with a gopher mound. I also filled a few holes that were randomly scattered in the lawn. They might be due to another rodent, or they could be ventilation shafts for the gopher burrows. Then I took a walk around the block for fresh air. When I got back, we popped a Netflix DVD in and watched two episodes of Patrick Stewart in 11th Hour. We both found the episodes somewhat familiar, like we'd seen them before. Chris looked up some of the characters while I tried to write to my blog. Then he went to bed and I finished my writing so I could go too.
* pics to follow *

No comments: