Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Mounds of fun today

I got up before 8. I unwrapped a DVD marked Alternatives to Dentists. It would not play on my laptop so I put it on the desktop. I gave up and went to the bathroom. But when I got back, it was playing. I watched the whole thing, even though he could have said it all in much less time. I jotted a few notes. I put some masks in an envelop for Faye. I filled an envelop for Kurt, too. I walked to the post office to mail them. When I got back, I dealt with two gopher mounds.
I made and ate breakfast and watched gopher trap videos. Chris came home for lunch and put fish in the oven. I posted another announcement to the Dugway page. This will be the third time. I hope someone shows up. Later I put on my bathing suit and laid in the sun. I am almost finished with the book.
I put on shorts and a tank top to handle the rest of the gopher mounds. I saved food waste from yesterday to pack in the tunnels. The banana peels I buried yesterday were back topside. I came inside, washed the dirt from my hands and fingernails. Then I read e-mail.
I put on a video called Secret Ingredients. While it played, I parsed out 14 days of supplements for breakfast, mid-afternoon, and supper. Then I ordered more of those that ran out. I read the gophers don't like strong smells, so I looked up bad smells and couldn't use anything on the list.
I dealt with another gopher mound by the street. I was spreading the dirt when Chris came home from work. He took the fish out of the oven. We each had a piece for supper. (I'll bet some raw fish might smell pretty badly).
When it was getting dark, I took a short walk around the block. Then I watched more gopher videos until 8:30. I shut the windows when the sprinklers came on.
I mixed magnesium in water and drank it. We watched Mannequin 2. Then I brushed my teeth and sat down to write my blog, but I watched gopher videos instead. This is gopher war!
* This is the squash Chris cooked over the weekend. *

No comments: