Thursday, September 3, 2020

Star Trek extras

I did not sleep well last night but I could not identify the cause. It felt like I was awake most of the night. At 7:30 I got out of bed. I noticed the air purifier was not on.
I started the supplement routine. I looked for and responded to a few e-mails that were getting lost in the 500+ unread e-mails in my inbox. I put on episode #10 of Exhausted. I did some calisthenics to put on muscle. I opened a window when the temp went past 60.
I watered the lawn and dealt with three gopher mounds. I got out the leaf blower to blow the dirt away like Johnnie does, but it didn't turn on. I tried plugging it inside the house and still nothing. I put it aside, and scooped up the dirt. Then the blower suddenly came on and startled me. It didn't work quite as well as I had hoped, and the cord was too short to reach the next two mounds.
It was after 11 when I started making breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I ate and read e-mail until he left. Then I played the Del Bigtree video. Later I paused it to put on my bathing suit and lay in the sun and read. After half an hour, I wiped off the sweat and got dressed again.
I watched an interview with two whistleblowers from contractors who write software for federal databases and sell the info they collect to third parties. It was scary what they could do, like influence elections and incite riots. They say they have info on every man, woman and child in the U.S. And the headquarters is outside the U.S.
I watched a video Sharyl Attkisson did on fake news. Apparently its been around since before there was a name for it. Chris came home from work. He made his usual burritto. I heated a steak in the toaster oven. I ate a handful of nuts, and some of the cauliflower bread. Then I ate the steak, which was still a little pink in the middle. I put on my shoes to take a walk, but ended up alphabetizing my collection of Star Trek books, discovering many duplicates in the process. I set them aside, wondering if I should donate them or if they are worth something.
Chris and I took a walk around the block. We saw a rope swing behind one of the houses marked for demolition. I grabbed a hold and swung, but it wasn't easy to hang on. I'm a lot heavier than when I was a kid. When we got back to the house, I made a magnesium drink and a vitamin C drink. We sat down to watch TV and heard the sprinklers start up. Go figure.
We watched the last episode of The Umbrella Academy. Then we watched an episode of The 4400. It's the last season so Chris won't have to watch it for long. Afterward, I sat down to write up my day and get ready for bed. Tomorrow starts early.
* I did not take any pics today, so here is one of the strawberries at the community garden. *

No comments: