Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Spyware?

I had trouble staying asleep due to the hot flashes. Or are they night sweats? I heard my phone alarm ring right after Chris left, so he must have been running late. I got up about 8. The house was warm even though outdoors it went down to 37. So he must have turned the heat on. That made it much easier for me to get out of bed.
I took the first supplement and brushed and swished. I mopped spots off the floor in the kitchen. I read the back of the Portal box. It has a smart camera that can follow you around the room. And with Smart Sound, it enhances the voice of the person talking and decreases background noise. It is also voice-activated. Kind of like Alexa. Facebook is a corporate sponsor of Blue Star families, who is distributing these Portals to military bases for free. There were videos online of people saying they thought the devices were spying. Why do I sense a security issue here?
I turned on the router. I read e-mail, looked into products recommended, and one recipe for no-bake keto cookies.
breakfast, Chris came home for lunch. When I finished breakfast, I worked outside on gopher mounds. There were two. I used moldy cabbage on one and put a rock on top of the one that keeps coming back. I think the other one just got coffee grounds or squash skin.
I watched a video about surveillance capitalism. It means the tech giants collect data about us and use it to predict what we'll do next. They can sell that prediction to retailers, or use it to influence behavior. Pokemon Go was really about getting people to walk by business extablishments.
I whipped up seed crackers, and put them in the oven. Then I laid on the recliner and meditated to Holosync for an hour. I might have fallen asleep for a short time. When it was over, I was ready for supper. I had nuts, beef, kimchi, a tomato, a carrot, seed cracker with guacamole on it.
I started watching a tumbleweed video that Chris sent me a link to. Then Chris came home from work. He put the battery in the mower and I mowed the rest of the lawn. I had to keep stopping to pluck the dandelion stems that bent over and did not get cut down. Afterward, he put the mower away, and I took a survey for Blue Star Familes. It was long and boring. Then I made my magnesium drink whie he downloaded pics from his phone and sent them to family.
We watched the last few episodes of The Good Place, season 4. Everyone dispersed, so I guess there will not be a season 5. I brushed my teeth and posted to my blog (while wearing these annoying blue-blocking glasses).
* This is from our walk on Sunday. *

No comments: