Monday, September 28, 2020

One smart gopher

Early in the morning, but after Chris left, I was thinking about the missing receipt folder and the day we left Tooele Army Depot to move in here. I remembered that we hid my sewing machine and purse in the electrical room to be sure it didn't get lost or in the way when the movers came. So maybe the folder was in there too? I got my phone from the head of the bed, turned it on, sent Chris a message, then turned it off again.
My back was still sore, but I managed to get out of bed. The house was cold, so I put on my fleece bathrobe. I did the usual morning things. I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I read comments on how to get rid of gophers. Some one suggested putting a raw egg in the tunnels. I saw a backhoe dig a hole in the backyard next door and fill it in again. Hmm.
I made breakfast and started eating. Chris came home for lunch with two packages. One contained blue-blocking glasses, and the other was a new belt for the Dirt Devil. (But it was the wrong size). Chris was almost out of bread, so I put the ingredients in the bread machine for a new loaf. I treated a gopher mound in the front yard. The chewing gum worked in two places but the one in front didn't take the piece and keeps making mounds. I added some green walnut hull tincture that I made in Alabama.
I laid outside in my bathing suit and finished my book. I wiped the sweat off and got dressed. I cecked e-mail and saw a posting about Blue Star Families coming to post. I contacted Chris to find out where that building number is. He said in front of the library. So I put another stamp on a returned envelop and walked down, passing the post office and submitting the envelope. I walked to the tent by the library. I had to sign up for a free membership. She promised that no third party would get that info. She was handing out Facebook Portals (which Facebook had donated) and a survey. I thanked her and walked home, picking up a clod of grass from the vacant house next door. I put it on my lawn, then went inside.
I read e-mail, and watched a couple of informative videos. I had an early supper: beef, kimchi, sprouts, olives. I opened a new bottle of olive oil and it tasted like grass.
I laid in the recliner and put on Holosync. I meditated for almost an hour and then Chris came home from work. We visited for a bit. I had some gelatin, and custard. (It wasn't very custard-like with the mashed banana in it, but it tasted good.)
The gopher mound was back. I scooped up the dirt again. Chris got out the mower and put the battery in. I put on long pants and a light jacket. I mowed the back yard, and then the front yard, and then as much of the side yard as I could before the battery ran down. I asked Chris to bring the battery in for recharging and he also put the mower away.
I made my magnesium drink (with some glycine). Then we watched a DVD from Netflix called Safe House, with Patrick Stewart. It was pretty good. It kept us guessing right up till the end. Then I put on my new blue-blocking glasses to write my blog post before going to bed. I'll see if these glasses help with going to sleep.
* I finally got a decent pic of the rainbow colors made by the window cling. *

No comments: