Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Where did the bobbins go?

I woke up hearing Reveille, and then the sprinklers started. I didn't know why they were running late. I was still tired from all the hot flashes so I stayed in bed. I got up at 8.
After taking the first supplement and while swishing, I put a pot of water on the stove and shucked four ears of corn. One was missing kernels at the base of it. I had to break the cobs in half to fit in the pot. While they boiled, I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I looked outside, but there were no gopher mounds today.
I read e-mail until breakfast time. I ate breakfast, then made more green mix and ordered more green powders for next time. I listened to part of Ben's podcast with Joel Green and took notes on how to improve sleep and gut health. Then I put on my bathing suit and laid outside and read for almost an hour. I came in, washed off and redressed. I sang songs from CATS with Youtube, then I played piano for a bit.
I decided to sew up more of the masks that were cut out, but I needed black thread. I hunted high and low for my bobbins but did not find them. I remembered they were in a little blue doughnut and it was packed in a tub with a pink lid. But that tub did not have them now. I looked in lots of other places and found a bobbin here or there, but no black ones, and the empty ones were not like the ones in the blue doughnut. It made me so frustrated that I got a headache. I laid down in the den for awhile, trying to relax
At 5 I signed into the monthly Zoom meeting with the Modern Quilt Guild in Huntsville. Chris came home from work, made his own supper, and fried up a package of mushrooms for me. I ate some while I watched the meeting. I made myself a note about the 'made fabric' challenge. I signed out at 7. I watered the plants in front. I took a walk, gathered some smooth stones, and brought them home. I told Chris I was ready to watch TV. Since he was not, I jotted notes for my blog and deleted a bunch of e-mail I will never have time to read.
We watched two episodes of Away, then I typed up my blog post and hoped to find a clue to the bobbins location in a dream.
* I found this pic on the net. I have a red one and a blue one. *

No comments: