Monday, September 7, 2020

New recruits for my relocation program

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I heard the morning sprinklers and Reveille. I got up at 7:30. I wasn't well rested but there was no point in staying in bed. I started the supplements. I finished my blog post from yesterday and posted it. I looked up a Nia workout and tried 10 minutes of it. I scrolled through a quilting Facebook page for a post of a circular quilt that I wanted to know the name of. It took a long time to find even though it was posted in the last week. I sent the name to Johnnie because we are going to try it together.
Then I read e-mail, and probably watched some videos. I watered the side yard with the hose. I took the new hose to the other side yard and connected it. I used it to spray a gopher mound. The neighbor's dogs went crazy. I made and ate breakfast.
At 1:30 I put on my bathing suit and read outside for half an hour. I approached Chris about the irises growing in front of a house that will be demolished. He said he would help, so we got a big red tub and a deep trash basket and a shovel. Chris drove us around the corner to the house. We dug up half of the irises and another plant that was growing there and probably bloomed months ago. They went into the trash basket. Chris filled the tub with dirt from the raised bed, which had a lot of potting soil in it. He also put one of the railroad ties in the trunk. Then we drove home again. We placed the irises and the other plant in front of the house. We went to another house which had irises in back, and got most of those (because they popped out as one bunch). I put the bunch with the others. Chris filled around them with the dirt we dug up. We went back for another railroad tie and had to use crow bars to get it out. As Chris was moving it, it broke in two lengthwise because it was rotten. But he didn't want to dig up another one, so we took it. I also picked up some decorative rocks. When we got home, he put the tie in place and we watered it all. I got out the vacuum and cleaned the back seat of his car. Then I used a broom on the driveway to clean off the dirt and plant debris. Chris was sweaty and exhausted. It was harder than I thought it would be. He took a shower while I cleaned up and put stuff away.
I went back to reading e-mail and watching documentary videos. At 5 I had some supper. I tried to place a supplement order but the site was really slow to respond. I thought my laptop must need an update, so I let it. But it updated the BIOS and that took some time. I was worried that something bad might result. But eventually it came back up under my control. However the site was still slow. I made my magnesium drink and sat with Chris to watch two episodes of The 4400. After the show, I was able to finalize the order. Then I typed up my blog post, and got ready for bed.
* instant flower bed. Just have husband dig up all the parts from another yard. *

No comments: