Saturday, May 1, 2021

Shopping, et al

I slept in a little. I drank several cups of water, then made lemon water. I checked the worms and watered indoor plants. I read my book for half an hour. I checked e-mail and listened to the last day of the cancer summit. It was all people talking about their cancer journeys. One guy mentioned going on the Maker's Diet for 40 days. He did not explain what kind of diet it was, just that it was from the Bible. Then he created the Garden of Life supplement line to help others with their journey.

Chris and I had some couple time. We also had a discussion of current events. I went back to reading e-mail. I looked up instructions for my headphones, hoping there was a way to tell them to play through the audio files and stop. But no, it always loops around.

I made and ate breakfast. I downloaded some silent audios (subliminal) to the headphones. Hopefully I will turn them off during the silent time, if I wake up. If not, I will be awoken by the next go-round.

Chris packed the cooler, and we headed out. We went to Self-Help where he inquired about the proper light bulbs for the ceiling fans. The man did not have any, nor did he know where to get one. He said to call back during the week (which is Monday thru Thursday). Then we stopped at the post office where I picked up three boxes.

Finally we headed to Tooele, listening to the book on CD, for at least the third time, if not the fourth. First we went to Luckey's, and then to Melanie's. A lady there had brought me a dozen eggs from her mother's farm. We had a nice chat and I bought some walnuts and Nighty-night tea. Then we went to Macey's to finish our list, then home.

We unloaded the car, then put the food away. I wiped all the cans. I put supper in the oven, then went outside to water the compost piles and the outdoor plants. I watered some of the grass, too. It seemed like the yard was full of yellow dandelion heads this morning, and now they are all white.

When I came in, the timer had rung. I took supper out and watched a video while eating. I didn't take any notes. After supper, I emptied a box that came today and broke it down. I took it and Chris' pizza box to the garden to cover the dirt, and then topped them with wood chips. I also dispensed some compost tea. Something small is growing all over the garden and it almost looks like a tiny spinach.

When I got home, I planted the celery and lettuce plants that have been rooting in water. I made tea and refilled water jugs. We watched a movie on Netflix called ThunderForce. I brushed my teeth. I read a message Faye sent on Facebook. Apparently the visit with Dad did not go well. He seems to have gone backward and did not show signs of being properly cared for (not wearing dentures, hearing aids, glasses, etc). She doesn't know what to do with him when they release him next week. I played around with the thought while I cleared the latest e-mail. I read part of a study showing that adenovirus can RT into the DNA of host cells. I wrote my blog post, and resolved to discuss Dad's future with Chris.

No comments: