Sunday, January 23, 2022

A long walk

Saturday

I got up late. I read e-mail. Chris helped me clean the Burkey. Later I asked for a massage. Afterward, he took a shower while I looked up something, then I took my shower and got dressed.

I went to Johnnie's house and cleaned the base cabinets. Jamie came and worked on the master bathroom. At 1 I went home to make and eat breakfast. At 2 we went to the hotel and parked. When the commander drove up, he suggested parking at the commissary. So we did.

From there, we walked to the helipad. Then I facetiously suggested going to the water tower (because there is a sign saying it is forbidden by order of the commander). So he said let's go. He and Chris chatted on the way, while I chatted with his wife. When we finally got there, he joked about climbing up to the top. (I think he was joking). Then he wanted to see the big 'D'. So we walked to the fence and followed it for some time, tripping over tumbleweeds and stepping on goat's heads. When we got to the other side of the base, we headed back, but then he and Chris wanted to check out the Dragon's Den and the garden. My feet started to hurt. We walked to the gym where he showed me the new astroturf. Finally we went back to the commissary. He consulted a device that told him he had walked 4.5 miles.

They went shopping and we went to the post office. Chris picked up the mail. I was astounded to see that it was 4:25. We went home. I found my phone and called Jenni. She said she understood that I didn't want to walk another mile. Afterward, I went to Johnnie's house, meeting Jamie who just got back from walking her dog. I continued cleaning in the kitchen. Then she left and I poured bleach on some grout. I went home as well.

I made a salad and had leftovers for supper. I listened to interviews. I made tea and we watched four episodes of BBT. I wanted to watch another one but Chris said he had to get up early to work out with the commander. I brushed my teeth and typed up today's activities. I posted to my blog.

I made tea and we watched four episodes of BBT. I read a few more articles, then we made the bed with clean sheets. I did my evening stretches and retired for the evening.

No comments: