Saturday, January 8, 2022

Busy day

Thursday

I got up soon after 7:30 after having rested fairly well. I got dressed, then broke down the rest of the boxes stacked in the hall. I moved them to the recycle container and rolled it to the street. Then I packed up all the shipping materials (like bubble wrap, crumpled paper, foam peanuts) and put them into two larger boxes. I texted Johnnie to see if they needed any and she said no. Then I texted Eileen and she said yes. As per her request, I dropped the boxes off at the chapel. I also dropped a check into the mail on my way.

I read e-mail for a bit, then went to Johnnie's house at 10. They showed me around the house, mentioning the comments of the inspection team, and telling me what they were leaving behind. We talked about handing over the house next Thursday. He wanted to carry their leftover plants to our house but I said I had to make a space for that. He also wanted to drive his riding mower over, but again, I needed to make space.

I went home, read e-mail, then made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I left to go to the final inspection of the apartment. I talked to the man who does the repairs. Soon the others arrived. They took pics but found nothing wrong. We all signed a piece of paper saying it passed inspection. I locked the door after them and walked out with the first guy. He told me about his family.

When I got back, I listened to The Highwire. I paused it at 2 to have a tapping session with Nell. The session went well over an hour because we were catching up on each others lives. Diane called me at 4:35, which reminded me about our perpetual appointment. I said goodbye to Nell, then put on my walking shoes and drove over to the school. Diane and I walked around the 1 mile block, then continued talking at the far intersection. She went home to make supper and I went home to finish The Highwire:

Billions of dollars are being given to school boards to mask, vaccinate, quarantine, etc in their schools. Tenn. hospitals get over $160K per covid patient ($471K in West Virginia) IF they follow the NIH protocols which call for Remdesivir and ventilators. They also get extra money per ventilator used or Remdesivir used. The US is the only country allowed to use Remdesivir. We have one of the highest death rates from Covid in the world.

I made myself supper. Chris came home from work and made his own supper. I read and listened to several other things. Then I made tea. We watched four episodes of BBT, then blogged and got ready for bed.

* I found some red beet eggs in the back of the fridge. Just look at that beautiful beet color! $

No comments: