Sunday, January 30, 2022

Saying a cool goodbye

Friday

I got up at 7:30. Chris was long gone on his trip to SLC. I did the usual, then turned on the router. I did a meditation from Dawson Church. I went to the company house. I washed sheets and towels and cleaned for two hours. I came home at noon to make breakfast. I watched New World Next Week, then part of a QnA with Dr. Ealy.

Chris came home from work after 1. The smoke alarm was beeping and had been all morning. He got a ladder and wrestled it from the ceiling. He took the battery out and I tested it. It was fine but he wanted a new battery anyway. I gave him one and he put it back up, leaving the ladder there just in case.

He changed his clothes and packed the cooler. We went to Tooele, listening to a book on tape. When we got back, we stopped at the post office where we got a DVD from Netflix called Refifi, or something like that. After we put the food away, I went back to the company house for 30 minutes, putting sheets on beds and sweeping the kitchen.

When I got home, I changed my clothes. We went to the colonel's house for a going-away party for the chaplain and his wife. Silly me, I thought a party in the dead of winter would be indoors. It was in an open garage. They had some heaters, but it was still freezing. I was wearing my indoor shoes. His wife made two pots of chili. I ate some to keep me warm. I talked with the ladies. Finally the chaplain and his wife walked home (next door). A few other people left and the colonel closed the garage door. I stood by one of the heaters while the rest chatted. Then we walked out to the car. Chris opened the door for me, then he disappeared. I waited in the cold and dark for him to come back. The doctor came too and we gave him a ride home.

When we got home, I made tea. I stuck a foot on the stove to warm it up. I put really thick socks over my regular socks and we watched the movie from Netflix, but it was disturbing (and in French) so we quit it and watched Columbo instead. Chris went to bed rather soon after that. I stayed up to finish some videos, then posted to my blog and headed off to bed.

No comments: