Wednesday, January 26, 2022

One more house to clean

Tuesday

I got up just before 8. I washed up and get dressed. I wrote my blog post for yesterday. I checked e-mail then went to Johnnie's house at 10.

While I was cleaning in the kitchen, I got a call from a man who wanted to sign over his house to be cleaned so he could move out immediately - due to family emergency. Well, I had to say no because we cleaners only get 10 working days after signing a contract and we weren't done with the current house. He called Housing and got an exception. He wanted to pay by Venmo and only Jamie could do it, so she and I went over to Housing to sign the contracts. But the man was able to get the full amount in cash from the ATM. He gave me his garage code. Housing asked me for a cleaning contract, but I hadn't been home to get one. So the clerk printed one off. I filled it out and we all signed it. Someone took a pic of the money. Jamie and the man left. I chatted with the Housing rep, then went home to put the money and the key in an envelope with the house number on it.

I went back to Johnnie's house to clean. Jamie arrived later. At noon I went home for breakfast. At 1:30 I met Saronna and we played from the new duet book and the old duet book. I left at 3, before school let out. I went out the gate and came back through the visitor's center. I applied and received a new ID, which everyone has to get now. On the way home, I stopped to get gasoline.

I checked out the phone Consumer Cellular is offering me for free because they say mine won't work soon. It was not as good as my old phone and both are rated for 2G/3G/4G. I called the number in the e-mail to find out why their phone will work with the new system and mine won't. But the man who answered had such a strong accent that I could not understand him.

Jenni called, so I hung up with the man talked to her. She wanted to walk, so I jumped in the car and met her. We walked around the block, talking. Then I went by the swap shop to unlock the door, then to Johnnie's house to finish the small bedroom so I could shut that door.

I went home for supper. Chris was home, listening to Michele play online with her friends. I heated up the last of the beef and quinoa. I made a salad. The lady who was supposed to open the swap shop tonight posted on Facebook that she wouldn't be able to make it. I didn't want to interrupt my supper to go there in her place. I listened to a presentation on detoxing while going through Telegram messages. I had to reboot Waterfox because it kept hanging up every few seconds. This has become a regular thing since Microsoft updated my laptop.

I made tea and we watched one episode of Columbo. These episodes are roughly 90 minutes long, without commercials. Afterward, I watched part of a surprise episode 11 of Covid Vaccine Secrets, then went to bed.

No comments: