Sunday, January 9, 2022

Helping out a friend

Friday

We slept in late. Chris turned on the router. I noticed my laptop had the blue screen with dots spinning in a circle. I brushed and swished while waiting for it to resolve, but it didn't. I turned it off and back on again. I read e-mail. I nebulized colloidal silver.

Chris slow-roasted bacon in the oven. I made more spice mix. I had to use a folded piece of paper when I could not find our funnel. I went to the swap shop to open it for Melissa. I gave her the keys, then checked my mailbox and brought home Netflix, bone broth and vitamin patches which arrived today. I listened to part of a video. Chris needed onions for his bacon dish so I went out to the garage and picked up what I had harvested from CSM's garden.

I went back to reading e-mail, waiting for Chris to finish in the kitchen so I could make seed crackers. I whipped up a batch and put them in the oven. While they were baking, I made a new mix of large seeds. But I could not mix the small seeds because I was out of hemp. I put the box of ingredients back on the shelf. I made and ate breakfast.

Then I finished the grocery list. We packed the cooler and headed out. Before we reached the main gate, I realized my ID was in another handbag. So we went back for that, and headed to Tooele again. Before we reached the mountain pass, Jenni called asking if we would pick up some groceries for her (she is in quarantine). I said yes and she named 4 things.

Our book on CD ended before we got to town. Since I have gotten an overdue notice, that is probably a good thing. After stopping at the bank, we shopped at Lucky's first, getting two things for Jenni. Then I went to Melanie's and got a bunch of stuff, for which I paid cash. Then we went to Macey's. We did not find the other two items on her list, but we got everything on my list except for hemp seed.

We drove back to base, listening to the radio. We stopped at the commissary and called Jenni to see if she wanted anything, but she said someone else was doing that for her. So we went by her house and dropped off a bag, then went home and unloaded all our groceries.

Chris cooked mushrooms for me, and rice to go with his slow-roasted bacon dish. I read e-mail, and emptied the food waste container. I wrote up my blog post. I made tea and we watched Gigi, an old musical from Netflix. Then I read e-mail for awhile and went to bed.

No comments: