Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Quilts Etc

Monday

I got up around 8, having slept reasonably well. I took supplements, brushed, swished, and took detox drops. I got dressed and read some e-mail. Then at 9 it was time to go. Chris packed a cooler and we left for Salt Lake City.

Following WAZE, we had trouble finding the office for TSA pre-check. Then as it turned out, we were 24 hours early. Chris was not amused. But the clerk said we could come back at 4:10. So we went to the Asian market for lunch, then shopped for kimchi and persimmons. But they had no persimmons, dried or otherwise. On the way back to the car, we stopped to buy a package of kimbap.

I told Chris about a quilt shop named Quilts on the Corner, that someone had recommended to me. He looked it up on his phone, got an address and drove us there. He parked and settled in with his phone while I went inside. I was disappointed to see that it was full of longarms. They sold thread, notions and quilt backings. We had passed Quilts Etc and Quilts Etc Etc on the way, so we backtracked to that. It was a store in two parts, one on each side of the road. Both were filled with fabric and etc. I looked through the etc etc first and found two fabrics. When I went to the checkout, she suggested I take it across the street and look at those fabrics before checking out. So I did. There was even more fabric at the other place. Seemingly they had everything, but I could not find water fabric. Nor did I get excited over what I saw, which seemed odd to me. When I got back to the car with my purchases, I had Chris feel my forehead in case I was sick. But, no. Chris stopped at a gas station to fuel up. I went inside for a drink. I came back with two bottles of mineral water and one of coconut water. I drank the coconut water and part of the other. Chris drove us back to the office. We were still hours early. We sat for awhile, then walked around the office park, noting a shop named Renegade Goat Vapors. Chris looked it up to see what it was. After our walk, we sat in the car and listened to the book on CD. About 4, we went inside and sat. Other people were there and more people came in. But no one seemed to be coming out.

After half an hour, someone came out and the man ahead of me went in. I leaned my head back and nearly fell asleep. Finally it was my turn. I went back. He called up my name on his computer, asked me a few questions and had me confirm information he already had. He took my fingerprints and my picture. A few words later and we were done.

Chris and I got in the car. He got us on the road out of SLC, and I broke out the kimbap and shared it with him. Then we listened to the book on CD until we got to Dugway, a little after 6. I jotted notes for my blog, then cut up a giant apple from the Asian market. I checked e-mail and telegram messages. Then I put on episode 8 of Covid Revealed.

It was late when I finished it and made tea. We watched four episodes of BBT. Chris went to bed, and later, so did I.

No comments: