Monday, December 5, 2022

Canceled

Sunday

I got up around 8. I brushed and swished. I emptied the dishwasher. I made a strip with a pocket. The long part goes under my laptop and the pocket holds the ends of charging cords, headphone, and a flosser. I rolled the chocolate balls in coconut and packaged them for church. As I was reading e-mail, one told me that there would not be church today because the chaplain was sick. Michelle invited me to come at 2 to practice for the Christmas program.

I made and ate breakfast at the usual time. I read e-mail and listened to podcasts. I got dressed and went to the chapel with my trombone. I had to let the others in.

Only women came and we had a good female bonding session. Just a little singing and discussion of the program. But we didn't leave until after three. The school librarian was there and she said the state gave her $3000 to buy books but stipulated that some of them had to feature girls with girls or boys with boys - if you know what I mean. I was shocked.

When I got home, I had some leftovers, getting ready for the game at 5. But when 5 arrived, the game was called off. Sigh. I messaged Johnnie, who was now in town. I wanted to invite her over, but Chris was not up for visitors.

I continued listening to interviews and piecing puzzles while they played. At 8 I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched Jeannie. Afterward, I listened to an episode of some 9-part series and went to bed. That's when I wanted to use the DIY sleep cream but was too tired to hunt the ingredients and implements to make a small batch.

No comments: