Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Questionable bread

Tuesday

I woke up early, with hot flashes and could not go back to sleep. I heard Chris come in to take a shower. I got up about 8. I brushed and swished. I checked e-mail.

I got dressed and headed to the dirty house. I stopped for the mail and there were boxes. I figured they should not be left in the car so I decided to go get gas and go home. But when I got to the gas station, I did not have my credit card. So I went home to get it and drop off the packages. In the mail, I found one not addressed to us. I got my blood spot test ready to to be mailed, and went back to the post office. I turned in the misdelivered mail and the UPS packet. Then I went to the gas station, and finally to the dirty house. I worked for an hour and a half. I cleaned behind the fridge, noting that the water line was slowly dripping. I pulled out the stove and cleaned behind it. I also did some upper cabinets and the drawers. In the top drawer was a package of Klondike bars. A melted pool had formed at the bottom of the cabinet, after touching every drawer in between. Sigh. Oddly, the flies were not interested.

I headed home for breakfast. I checked e-mail as I ate. Saronna messaged me that she couldn't play today. Just as well. I ate the burned innards from Sunday. I got out the jar of lipbalm and heated it over the tea pot. I got out the tiny pots and filled two. I put them in a baggie and went to the gym.

When Diane came in, I gave her one. We walked around the track and Michelle showed up. I gave her one, too. We walked till after 4. Then Diane went back to work. Michelle stayed to talk for awhile, till almost 5. She went home to meet her sister and I went home to make bread.

That didn't work out like I thought. First I had to clean up the spilled lip balm. Then Jamie called to talk about cleaning and the upcoming inspection. Also I had to eat the fruit that I skipped from breakfast. I reviewed my cart with Joanns, trying to get as little as possible, yet having a coordinated set(s).

Chris came home from work. I could not find the cardamom bread recipe in a book or in my blog file. But it was in my e-mail list. Ok, so I heated the milk, combined the other things and put it in the machine to kneed.

I worked on my blog. I heated tea. I beat the dough down and left it to rise again. We watched one episode of Jeannie, then I pounded it down again. After we watched a second episode, I rolled the dough into 4 ropes and braided them into a circle. I put it on a cookie sheet to rise while the oven heated. I put an egg yolk and cream mixture on it, then put it in the oven. When I took it out, it wasn't brown enough so I rubbed it with butter and put it back in the turned-off oven. I finalized my Joanns order, then took the bread wreath out. I didn't like the look of it and decided not to use that recipe any more. I went through some e-mail, then went to bed.

No comments: